• 2 weeks later...

The trailer is done, but the front rear axle in my RD went out. I'm having it rebuilt and the ratios changed then will begin repairing the Superliner. I have however installed the cab valve/linkage and suspension linkage as well as the mudflaps.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my RD repaired and got the Superliner in the shop today. It's on blocks with all the old tires and wheels off so hopefully I will finally get started on it. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

Lovely lil Mate trailer. I've got a 2005 39 footer I bought over the holidays, but thought it must be the only one they ever built. Its a super trailer, just not real popular in this area. Are you going to keep that burgandy color when you respray?

Ordered a dump valve for the suspension, 3 airbags, 6 wheel seals as well as a pogo stick with bracket to get started with the repairs. Can anyone give me an idea on what to expect when pricing paint/bodywork??? I've been getting quotes ,but they seem kind of high.

Sort of hard to price a paint job through the web. Paint prices seem to be going higher all the time.

I agree!!! I've been wanting to paint mine for a year now. I too have a day cab and if you really think about it it's not much bigger then a pickup truck and they are trying to charge over 3500 and that's with me removing everything.

A truck auto body shop a year and half ago was $4500 to $5500 just to do the cab on my R. I found a guy who has a small shop and ended up around $2500 but took 6 months, worked on it when he felt like it. Don't get me wrong, he used good paint, did some minor repair, used the correct primer for the hood ect... and it is an excellent paint job. I helped him do some dis-assembly and re-assembly and pointed things out as we went which I think led to a better paint job for less money, not sure what it would have been like if he painted it in a week, it was so slow that he had to make sure things were right.

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

All depends on what you want my superliner is painted with case IH farm tractor red enamel paint that I added enamel hardner too, two gallons cost 120 bucks the two stage primer cost about 300 bucks, I don't care for basecoat clear coat for our hot weather the clear will start to fail after 3 years if not cared for. I figured I could buff and wax enamel easer than re do base/clear

• Like 1

That ain't too bad,we used to run some Dunlops back in the bias ply days. Trailer tires were cheap,but weren't worth a shit,either. The only steer tire I ever had blow out on me was a Dunlop bias ply. Did run one set of radials and they did ok,until we capped them. I'm sure they've improved since then,that was 30 yrs. ago.

I was quoted $5,900 to blast and paint the frame(includes all other attached parts as well), repair cab/hood, two tone prep/paint the cab and replace all weather stripping(doesn't include cost just labor). That's a cash deal so what do you think?(cheapest quote so far) My bumper came in I just have to pick it up sometime soon. I ordered mine with no fog light cutouts.