Bethlehem Steel

1958 F.W.D.

looks terrific,,,you can park it in my yard anytime....opening tesla battery plant,,here in reno,,,everyone is excited to see,,over 6000 jobs coming here,,,wow....nice to see some big improvements here,,,,instead of loosing more and more...bob

Great photo and nice to see the Steel Mill was saved. The steel from Bethlehem and the sand from Port Washington / Roslyn L.I. are tied together 95% of the sand in NYC concrete came from here. Any more info on the Museum? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks to Randy he showed me Bethlehem plant during my visit.

It was too interesting and impressive and much more sorry to see how the things turned out.

Glad to know you had a nice time, FWD is shure a candy to look at on a sunny day :twothumbsup:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Over the years we did a lot of work at both Bethlehem steel and US Steel in Fairless Hills,PA outside of Philly.The last job we did at US Steel was back around 1990,we had to cap a tar pit.At the same time they had sold one of their blast furnace to China.Every morning they would pile off the ship and take the plant down by hand and load it onto the boat.Most of that plant in now a landfill.FWD bit of local news,our home town of Huntingdon Valley now has it first WAWA.Firetruck looks great.

I've loaded beams at Bethlehem many times. One of those places where you'd wait all evening and half the night to get loaded, other than that it wasn't bad. Farmer, i've loaded at US Steel Homestead Works in Pittsburgh too. Now you go right past it going to Galv-Tech but you'd never know it was ever there, just stores and shopping malls there now. Loaded at Fairless Works a few times too, another one of those places where it took all evening and half the night to get loaded. US Steel in Gary, In. was a place that usually took all day and all night to get loaded.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

AH-Industrial America. I worked in Buffalo in mid-late 60's Beth Steel had a big plant in Lackawanna and first time I went in there I couldn't believe the size of the place-and the plant trucks-mostly GMC gas jobs-trucks that were relatively new but did not have a piece of straight sheet metal on them! Everything hammered. We had a refinery on Elk Street and the river next to us would periodically catch fire.Allied chemical had a big facility near us and next to us was a huge outdoor sulfur pile. Six months after I was transferred out of there I would wash my Mustang and when I rang the chamois out, the water would be yellow! I'm sure all of those facilities are now long gone.