Not a happy day!

Marcel67

Today it was not a happy day. . Here the story I drove to Gainesville to pick up a new truck that was delivered at Volvo/Mack dealer in Gainesville fl from Nashville TN. So put my plate on the truck and hit south on the turnpike. Stop at the rest area in ft pierce to buy a coffee. Pulling out I see a trooper (now DOT in florida) writhing up a ticket on a car carrier. In the mean time pulling out the parking my phone rings my wife to tell me my uncle passed away today. I put the phone down and get on the turnpike.

After driving for a half hour I see a trooper with lights on coming up behind me. So I stopped. The fucki..Ng trooper tells me he saw me on the phone while driving and ask my papers. Here it comes he write my a $500 ticket for using my cell phone, $50 for not having our name on the door. (Even I'm tractor only ) and then ask me for my logbook. I tell the men I don't have one I just driving the truck to our dealer ship . Where did the the truck come from and answered Nashville but picked it up at Gainesville so kaboom $100 fine and put me 10 hours out of service 1 hour from our dealership.

So $650,- later in fines I told the men my situation, that the truck is not operating commercially but in transit and get as answer that if the truck crosses state line and I have a apportioned plate on the truck I'm under commercial interstate DOT law.

We'll sorry needed to vent I guess I have to fight it in court.

1st : Sorry about the Loss of your Uncle My thoughts ,Prayers & Condolences to you & Your Family .

2nd : Sounds Like Barney Fife Was trying to make a name for himself . <_<

I swear give some these Assholes a Badge & a Gun it goes to thier head & they would write thier own momma a ticket or lock thier own momma up & throw away the key !!!! :thumbsdown:

He didnt go to hollering CITZENS ARREST , CITZENS ARREST & Waving the gun around in the air !! Did He ?? <_<

Hope everything gets better for ya my friend .

:mack1:

• Like 2

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

yup ''Protect and Serve'' seems to have changed to ''Stalk and Harass''. They should start putting that on the fenders now a days

Down here on L.I. they protect the cash flow and serve the politicians. Hell we even have Homeland Security patrolling the highways and making TRAFFIC STOPS Ya never know when Hadji the bomber my be speeding on his camel

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

yup ''Protect and Serve'' seems to have changed to ''Stalk and Harass''. They should start putting that on the fenders now a days

I've often thought the same thing, instead of "to Protect and Serve" should be to "Hassle and collect".

• Like 1

The courts have ruled there is no requirement to protect and serve. It is all about the money. When you get ticketed for a few miles over the limit, or having the wrong papers, or some regulatory bullsh--t, then... ask yourself who was the injured party??? No one hurt, nothing damaged - so who IS the injured party. It is just about collecting money plain and simple. p..s. If you want to get ahead of the curve, turn in your guns now before Hillary becomes the next.

• Like 1

In Indiana if an officer made that stop, given the time lapse it would be thrown out of court along with the officer who made the stop. Too much time lapse & reasonable doubt that you were one in the same person/vehicle that the officer seen making the offense. I'm not a "cop basher" they are only enforcing the laws that are created by politicians and doing so the way their superiors require them to. Some are asses, even some of the 70 or so that I know can be jackwagon's but this guy probably wrote some citations that would not stand up in court if you fought them merely because of the time lapse. However, I do believe he is correct as long as you are running an apportioned plate, you are commercial but this still should be tossed because he should have never been able to get that far because he should have never made the traffic stop in the 1st place.

I agree with the plate, but i picked up the unit 250 miles from our office so are we still required a log book then?. I even try to show the guy the pick up order and address in Florida but still told me needed a log book because the truck crossed state lines.

True it becomes clear its all about the money. Found out yesterday that it was hunting season on the FL Turnpike on commercial trucks.

Now he put me out of service and summit me to go to the next exit 116 south on the turn pike and stay at the toll plaza because it has a restroom. Yes great but no food. He could have let me go an additional 23 miles 23 min drive to the West Palm beach travel plaza. Of course i did not have any thing to eat with me for such sort trip and find that inhuman.

post-11018-0-66765800-1404324269_thumb.j

Vlad: Do you have all of this regulatory BS in Russia. I would guess not. In Russia they control you with the Gun. Here in the land of laws not men they control you with all their regulatory BS.

In New York in the land of laws they control you with a Tazer or a Gun. Same line "the officer felt he was threatened"

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sorry to hear about your Uncle.

By all means you need to fight this if you have the time and resources to do so.

Thanks yes I will make time for this and have the resources to fight this. I just hope the justice system is used fair. The good thing is I have a clean record on my Class A CDL.

• Like 1

Vlad: Do you have all of this regulatory BS in Russia. I would guess not. In Russia they control you with the Gun. Here in the land of laws not men they control you with all their regulatory BS.

Yes, James, we have. Actually nobody here control you with the gun excepting police, like in the most other countries. There were lots of stupid regulations during Soviet times when you MUST have official employment (excepting women) and had no rights for any commercial property. A way you was making profits gets you in jail. In the 90's many such the things went off and there became a kind of anarchy. For now more and more new regulations are invented and many of them seem to me as an absolutely BS. Although not. They're not BS but well done principes to get money off folks straight to the govnt guys.

As about BS it looks like there's a lot of in every country and is related to everybody.

Just not a pleasure to be stepped on every once :whistling:

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I would have told the officer "You're out of your flippin' mind if you think I'm sitting at that rest area any longer than it takes for another CDL holder to get in a personal vehicle and meet me at that rest area with a couple pieces of paper, a marker, and some tape. Don't believe me? Stop by there in an hour and a half and you'll see our tail-lights, @$$hole. My lawyer's gonna have a FIELD DAY with you!"

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I would have told the officer "You're out of your flippin' mind if you think I'm sitting at that rest area any longer than it takes for another CDL holder to get in a personal vehicle and meet me at that rest area with a couple pieces of paper, a marker, and some tape. Don't believe me? Stop by there in an hour and a half and you'll see our tail-lights, @$$hole. My lawyer's gonna have a FIELD DAY with you!"

The prick wanted arrested me for leaving my truck after he told me to go to exit 116. He started to move the police car so I thought we are going. He stopped and I'm waiting to get the go. After 5 min I stepped out of the truck to asking him if I need to drive now to exit 116 when he shouted I told you to stay in your truck or I will arrest you. Ooh and he told me that if I would leave exit 116 and I was stopped again I would go to jail!! Like I'm some fuc....King criminal. I have a clean record no arrest or issues and still they treed you like your robbed a bank. Now I learned that using a mobile device in a commercial vehicle would be a ticket. However if I'm transporting the truck non commercial I can call and use my phone but can not text and drive. So if I can proof that I was not commercial on the road they have to drop the $500 using my phone, I do not need signs on the truck and not subject to the logbook rule. So I'm planing to get the invoice for the truck my dealer plate and I should be free and clear. Let me know if any has any thoughts on this.