All Mack Fleets Past

Additional information on several companies mentioned earlier:

Blue Line Express - Nashua, NH - was all over the place on trucks, Macks, Fords, Whites,

the Whites were the round cab models (3000?). Out of business more than 30 years.

St. Germaine Trucking (SGT) - Quebec - now seems to be running KW

BFI - now A/W. The Tyngsborough, MA yard is full of "MR" and "LE" packers. A few IH trucks,

also

Cumberland Farms - now running Volvos

A few obscure Nashua, NH companies from the 1950s:

Cities Transportation was a small fuel hauler with a couple of "B" model tractors

Round Pond Oil Company had two fuel oil tankers, one "B" and one "A" model

bulldogboy

Eastern industries here in Lehigh valley had all macks, I used to see them all the time but not so much anymore. There also is a small concrete company here called rockhill, they ran mostly macks until those new stye Oshkosh trucks took over but on the bright side they turned a few of them old trucks into dumps rather than get rid of them.

Apgar Bros Bound Brook NJ, and Mystic (now Anchor) bulk carriers(all KW now)

Good call on the Cream Yellow and Green Apgar Macks. They ran super singles on spokes for a long time before it was popular.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Additional information on several companies mentioned earlier:

Blue Line Express - Nashua, NH - was all over the place on trucks, Macks, Fords, Whites,

the Whites were the round cab models (3000?). Out of business more than 30 years.

St. Germaine Trucking (SGT) - Quebec - now seems to be running KW

BFI - now A/W. The Tyngsborough, MA yard is full of "MR" and "LE" packers. A few IH trucks,

also

Cumberland Farms - now running Volvos

A few obscure Nashua, NH companies from the 1950s:

Cities Transportation was a small fuel hauler with a couple of "B" model tractors

Round Pond Oil Company had two fuel oil tankers, one "B" and one "A" model

bulldogboy

Cumberland down here is getting rid of all their Volvos and going to Peterbilts

• Like 1

Matt

M&M Transport in Newark NJ had a bunch a B 67's Firetruck red with Bud wheels also Peter Roselle & Sons had about 100 MB's with 25yd Leach body's Also a Co in NYC called Esenfelt I think there name was? Charter Bulk in Newark had a bunch a R's LJ Kennedy From Kearny NJ Getty Oil an Sunoco on Doremus ave Nwk. Miron Lumber in Kingston NY Frank Murphy in SI NY

BULLHUSK

I often mention Parrish Leasing & Brothers Express. Although I haven't been with the companies since 1992 I still often use "we" when I talk about them. My dad & late father-in-law were very close to Don & Stan Parrish & their father Don Sr. My dad's often did side jobs & driving for the Parrish's & eventually my dad went to work for them then he, Don & Stan founded Brothers Express together. The Brothers in Brothers Express was derived from the fact that Dad, Don & Stan were brother Mason's & were every bit as close as brothers for so long. Even today, more than 20 years later, when I walk into the shop or office at Parrish Leasing it is like going back home so for that reason I have always felt the two companies are my family companies.

Almost from it's inception with Don Parrish Senior Parrish Truck Rental, later Parrish Leasing has been a Mack fleet. Although it has never been 100% Mack. They started out with Mack B's, R's & IHC Fleetstars & Loadstars. The first "fleet" of trucks consisted of 11 4070 & 4070B's lease to (of all companies) International Harvester. In these early days they purchased used equipment up until the 11 Transtars as most small companies do. As they landed more accounts they were able to begin buying new trucks but also continued to buy used when the right deals made themselves available. Because Mack never built a suitable class 6 truck, Parrish had a lot of IHC Fleetstars & later S Series straight trucks. There were some MIdliners, but they always felt better with the IHC's. From the late '80's on Mack's have been at least 95% of the new purchase trucks. Exceptions being in 2004 with the engine fiasco's Parrish actually returned 50 new trucks. Volvo/Mack tried to make it right by providing new Volvo's. That didn't fly. They did not care for the Volvo's and once Mack got their sh*t back together Parrish was back to buying Mack's. I don't have a lot of fleet pic's but here is what I have...

post-45-0-06344300-1393112583_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-66974900-1393112614_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-04973900-1393112634_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-48949200-1393112660_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-37262500-1393112688_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-22055300-1393112754_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-29874900-1393112782_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-80416300-1393112799_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-21268400-1393112837_thumb.jpg

Dean A. Koch trucking Lewisburg pa, he had a bunch of R models and some ch's near the end, and all the R models he has were old weis markets trucks. also theres D.M. Bowman and I seen the same truck a few times near frystown pa, a maroon color vision says BIG M TRANSPORT on with the mack bulldog in it, not sure if oo or company.

THE MILKMAN DID IT.....