Bibeau dump bed! Barn door vs High lift Gate!

I always like the barn gate on my dump trailer, but since my friend got a high lift gate on his tri-axle, I think the next one I buy will be a high lift. Barn gates tend to be temper-mental at times and with a little age become hard to close. Dump boxes with barn gates should be built from new and not with an add on afterwards. With add-ons the side are not strong enough to stay square. We hauled stumps and concrete slabs with the high lift with no problems.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Sounds like the lift gate is the way to go! Does anyone have an idea of how much more for that function! Like I said I'll be doing mostly asphalt but as you guys know with a New Truck payment I Must have options if things get tight so I'll be will to do Demo, Dirt, concrete, salt, sand ect!!!!!! I live in ohio so to make decent money we mostly get 5 axels (3 tags axels)! This will be my first new Truck so my next move must be my best move! Last three years maintenance has been putting me in the whole with parts, labor, and down time! So I down sized kept one truck that will be my spare and I figured I'd get a new one with a warranty! Have a few purchase orders for blacktop this year so I said what the he'll Take the chance! I'm praying all goes well! Plus with a new truck if I need to leave state to find work I figured I'd have a trust worth truck!

Sounds like the lift gate is the way to go! Does anyone have an idea of how much more for that function! Like I said I'll be doing mostly asphalt but as you guys know with a New Truck payment I Must have options if things get tight so I'll be will to do Demo, Dirt, concrete, salt, sand ect!!!!!! I live in ohio so to make decent money we mostly get 5 axels (3 tags axels)! This will be my first new Truck so my next move must be my best move! Last three years maintenance has been putting me in the whole with parts, labor, and down time! So I down sized kept one truck that will be my spare and I figured I'd get a new one with a warranty! Have a few purchase orders for blacktop this year so I said what the he'll Take the chance! I'm praying all goes well! Plus with a new truck if I need to leave state to find work I figured I'd have a trust worth truck!

Good luck,MightyFruit. I have thought about the high-lift gate option, if I had to get back into it. I like the fact that nothing really touches it (for the most part),when dumping. Dump trucks around here,have to be versatile especially for the hourly stuff (only way to go). Just my .02 Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I have a 17ft round davis and with a hi/lift.It is so helpful to me even hauling asphalt.i like it cause I can lift it and check my bed or spray it down with out getting off of the ground.

Hi Glenn, I hope you have some sort of safety prop while checking or spraying it down. Would hate to think what would happen if that were to come down with you in between it...

I have the Bibeau BFL-S box on my freightliner. I love it. It is light weight and tough as nails. I am hauling class B rip-rap (200 to 800lb) boulders and barely a dent in the floor and no dents in the sides. The only option I don't have is the highlift. It adds about 500lbs to the total weight of the truck. It also adds some maintenance to the truck. The company I bought the truck from stopped ordering them for that reason. Now we just order the extended hinges and haven't had any issues. I will try to get a picture of the hinges tomorrow.

I have the Bibeau BFL-S box on my freightliner. I love it. It is light weight and tough as nails. I am hauling class B rip-rap (200 to 800lb) boulders and barely a dent in the floor and no dents in the sides. The only option I don't have is the highlift. It adds about 500lbs to the total weight of the truck. It also adds some maintenance to the truck. The company I bought the truck from stopped ordering them for that reason. Now we just order the extended hinges and haven't had any issues. I will try to get a picture of the hinges tomorrow.

momack,

Had a crossmemberless (whew!) Heil body on my RD. Seen the writing on the wall (&floor). Put a plastic liner in it to save it. Wasn't hauling any rip-rap like you,just dirt,sand & gravel so I was safe. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA