My tamiya R/C Mack R model 6 wheeler

Lmackattack

Absolutely Awesome! Who did the 3D printing? I'm doing a Bruder Granite Mixer on the Tamiya Chassis but would rather have an R . Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ken, it's a "whateveryacallit" brand, so it don't have an emblem. I did buy a billet alum KW grille for it(not shown in pic) so at least it looks more the part of a KW now. If I could get a B model cab done for it I'd be up for it. Or maybe the R/Superliner?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That's really something Trent! and some nice work too! that will be neat to see when its done! I have a similar project (though not quite as ambitious!) I have one of these RC toys I have taken apart with the intent of making a version of my 1:1 CX out of it,basically just paint and detail,but im still working on the fairings for the lower body....................................Mark

post-5836-0-14765000-1389736698.jpg

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Cab is made by shapeways..http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=Mack&s=0#more-products

.just in the last year people have been building more cab options....this cab is a late 60's version but now people have made the +3 cabs,superliner,valuliner,grills all sorts of cool stuff...it's not ready to paint out of the box. Detail is all there but sanding is needed then a good coat of primer build and more sanding. It's better than resin but needs work before paint. It strong and slightly flexible. Looks like its made out of the same plastic PVC is made from?

Al .....cab and hood will be green with black nose..silver box...almost like your BCR. The frame is black now but may paint it red down the road.

Larry .....I used a cheap 4 channel radio from rc4wd....I use the 4th channel,3 position switch for the transmission shifting, So much better control for shifting..no more gear scratching! If you buy the end point adjustment you just dial in the servo for the 3 shift points and you will shift like a pro..

the 3rd channels 3 position switch is for control of a 2nd speed controller that operates the dump bed. The controller and RX was $85 if I recall...best part is its a rc car style transmitter with a steering wheel ,not the bulky Airplane style.

• Like 2

awesome, I may need to get a 3d printed Superliner cab and hood for a Tamiya chassis, have you thought about using a micro servo mounted on the bottom of the body to lock the tailgate, then you can open and close it independently of the hoist.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

awesome, I may need to get a 3d printed Superliner cab and hood for a Tamiya chassis, have you thought about using a micro servo mounted on the bottom of the body to lock the tailgate, then you can open and close it independently of the hoist.

I thought about that but then I need to upgrade my radio to get more channels....some guys like the airplane transmitters with all the toggles and 2 sticks but I hate them when used for cars or trucks etc....

I sw a set up where the gate auto locked when the box just about got to the resting place...

Poked like it worked good and No servo was needed. I may try that route for now...

• Like 1

By the way I already ordered a RS700l cab and hood for my next project.... I started a RS700 cab and chassi years ago but this 3D printing blows away the time it takes to scratch build. I have a spare frame to build it on but it was a cab over frame so I will need to stretch it out to 206 " like my 1:1 truck is

Nice work Trent. Looks impressive. Just wish I didn't have so many over "money pits" so I could do more with mine. I have a couple flat bed trailers(homebuilt) that never got finished. I've seen the realistic air ride kits and would really like to build a spread axle for mine(that was my intent about 8 yrs ago when I stretched the truck.. Oh the possibilities......

From about 1996? The original build:
king1.jpg

About a year later I bought the trailer:
kingtrl.jpg

You familiar with Joes truck stop in NJ? He does a lot of builds. He built an R and a sleeper cab B years back. He used to post on an RC forum I used to frequent.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I used to go to gardentrucking.com all the time and drool over the Cat stuff and the truck builds but I had to stop looking or I would be about 10 grand into a Mack dump truck or tractor/dump trailer by now. I have several Bruder Granites waiting to offer their cabs for a build on a tamiya chassis but Im keeping focused on the real Superliner and my other toys right now, hell if I got into it like I did HO trains I would have a fleet, I ended up with waaaaaay to much money in DCC/sound equipped locos and well over a few hundred cars. I have video of a working coal loader I built on my youtube as well as a 75 car UP coal train with a mid train helper, too much money just in those two right there, lets not even talk about all the other stuff. i am curious who is doing the printed cabs for you, what are they using for their design? pics, or an actual scanned die cast version or what, tell me, tell me!

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"