BMT vs. "Other" Forums

doubleclutchinweasel

I'm not a member of any other sites like this but I do go on a lot of them for tech info. I agree with what your saying about other forums the rules are vary strict the people only have a sense of humor when there bashing someone for asking a simple question. This is by far the best forum I have been on, that goes for the members too.

Rudy

• Like 1

DCW....that is heavy stuff.....you need to lay off that "cough medicine"...friday.gif

I belong to a motorcycle forum (not H-D) and they are kinda strict but they do have great emoticons.

Yeah, and I can't drink any Bourbon while I'm on the medicine!

You guys may hear all manner of philosophical crap out of me for the next couple of days!

Wait! Wait! Don't moderate me! I didn't mean anything!!!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I'm not on many,but do know what you mean,as I had a falling out at the spin off group from the ATHS( I won't give them the satisfaction of mentioning their name) board's "leader" over a humor situation,one of them deals where it's ok for this guy to do it,but not you.

I check in both ATHS and ATCA both both of those are pretty quiet anymore. Some reason can't get logged into the Brockway site anymore,but it's fairly quiet too. Just started getting on some of the Facebook Mack groups,but I still don't know how much I like that Facebook deal yet,alot of unwanted BS goes with it it seems.

• Like 1

I enjoy this forum also. We have a good bunch of people that seem to get along and help each other out,when ever possible. The icing on the cake is actually getting to meet some of these arslips people at the shows. I have learned a lot on here myself.........hell,yesterday I couldn't spell truck driver,and today I are one! :loldude: (proud of it, too) Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I mostly hang here, I check the ATHS site about once a week as there is not much to talk about, I used to go to the trucker report and read the long posts but there seems to be enough to read here. Like FWD I joined the duramax site looking for a question on what I could do to improve mileage with out voiding the warranty and got two responses that were not even in line with my question.

I like on here that folks at least respond to questions and let you know if they don't have any idea.

But I guess that just shows that Mack lovers are different people than most and I am proud of that fact

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

What they said! I'm just glad y'all tolerate my dumb questions on a daily basis! I've had the opportunity to make some good friends and have gained alot of knowledge from you guys so far! I guess the only other forum I'm on is the heavy equipment forum, and I've got some pretty straight answers on tech problems, but there's none of the joking and carrying on on the HEF like there is here.

• Like 2

Jake

Funny you mention that.....I just joined a Chevy Silverado forum and started asking questions about an aftermarket air intake and dual exhaust........and yeah I feel like I'm an intruder.

I bet they told you it's been talked about before and told you to search the site for another thread I see that a lot, that's why I don't bother joining them.
  • Like 1

As a guy who doesn't have the mechanical expertise that alot on here do...I really appreciate all the help I have been offered over the past few years of being a member. It does really seem like a family, even though I am a listener mostly..I had been away for awhile last year...and have a question....what happened to ROB.....who used to always mention "Mama" and in my opinion had probably the most posts and answers on here....I can only hope the answer isn't bad.......

Rusty