Went to the dark side

mack mhe9

Seems like it's a pretty good deal. Not a big fan of Volvos because of the aerodynamic crap along with them being kinda ugly and everywhere...kinda like the stinkbugs of the road... but if I was you, I would've done the same thing, it was cheap and ready to work. Another thing I have against Volvo is they killed Autocar and are in the process of dragging Mack through the dirt...

Being in the process of getting your CDL's is like sitting on death row...

This makes me want to kick bulldog puppies.

Maybe you need to go kick some badgers instead of the bulldog puppies, oh I guess they are all extinct (reference to Badger Four-Wheel Drive Auto Company , aka FWD) Didn't they take all the remains and bury them at sea? or was that called Seagrave?

• Like 2

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Maybe you need to go kick some badgers instead of the bulldog puppies, oh I guess they are all extinct (reference to Badger Four-Wheel Drive Auto Company , aka FWD) Didn't they take all the remains and bury them at sea? or was that called Seagrave?

Damn just bitch slap him alittle harder next time lol

• Like 2

I wanted a pre-emission eng, no freightliner or internationals, I don't realy care for CH's, so I'm kinda in a pickle with a truck selection. This was cheap and will work till I can swap that Detroit in to the MH. What do ya think?

If it's ready to work and make money to take care of family, it's a good deal for you. You can always get a Mack down the road. Now go out and make $$$ Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Uhhhhh......I know not of what you speak- FWD is still very much alive and well still producing heavy duty snow-removal equipment for airports, highways, railroads, etc......Oh and they own Seagrave by the way.........

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Uhhhhh......I know not of what you speak- FWD is still very much alive and well still producing heavy duty snow-removal equipment for airports, highways, railroads, etc......Oh and they own Seagrave by the way.........

Not to hijack the thread, it maybe called FWD Seagrave on the company website, but if you actually go to the ELB website who owns them they only mention Seagrave Fire Apparatus not FWD. Just because they rebadge Seagrave trucks with FWD does not mean that they are still alive.

In my circles that usually means something different. (FWD Seagrave is a portfolio company of ELB Capital Management, LLC. For more information, go to ELB Capital Management, LLC (www.elbcap.com))

Robert

Oh BTW, since they are still making trucks can post a link to the FWD heavy duty snow-removal equipment website, I am looking at getting into airport snow removal in Florida. :loldude:

• Like 1

Robert

Didn't buy them ALL. Have several on standby

AT ALL TIMES

Have used them for clearing runways after hurricanes.

Some old Oshkosh (b'gosh) with Hall-Scotts too

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I wanted a pre-emission eng, no freightliner or internationals, I don't realy care for CH's, so I'm kinda in a pickle with a truck selection. This was cheap and will work till I can swap that Detroit in to the MH. What do ya think?

Hell Yeah!

I would love to see a 60series dropped into an MH.

:twothumbsup:

That is just WRONG! :o

I see someone owns an MH, But I'm thinking that same person has never owned or worked on a series 60???......

I love MHs....and second to my Mack motors are Series 60's. You could get it in a CL, so why not squeeze it in to an MH?

To each their own :twothumbsup:

I see someone owns an MH, But I'm thinking that same person has never owned or worked on a series 60???......

I love MHs....and second to my Mack motors are Series 60's. You could get it in a CL, so why not squeeze it in to an MH?

To each their own :twothumbsup:

Spent many years running test oil in and doing parts inspections on all makes of engines including DDC S60. Not a bad engine but not in a MH. But to each their own.

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Hell Yeah!I would love to see a 60series dropped into an MH.[/quote

That was my thought. 12.7 about 650 Hp 18 sp in an MH sweet.

Oh come on man, first a "V" word then talk of putting a Detroit in a Mack that has a perfectly nice E7, I don't know you at all man!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yep, one more vote for the Series 60 in an MH.....

you'll have to change the mascot from Gold Buldog to Green Frog...!!! :loldude:

one of the easier engines to work on and very reliable... even the old 4 cylinder 50 is FAR better than the Cummins ISL....

given the cost of overhaul on an E9 it is certainly worth thinking about if you plan on working it, the purists may not agree though...!!!

no egr/dpf/scr is the way to go. :twothumbsup:

BC Mack

• Like 1