B-61 Selling Price?

I would talk to a truck broker and sell it oversees to a collector who knows what they want and will pay for it. That truck is truly an excellent rebuilding of that truck, we almost sold ours last year to a person in Australia after a broker contacted my father about any intrest in selling it, lets just say we where offered a lot more than what you may think your truck is worth. My father decided to keep it becuase we picked up the Superliner and could move the truck easier to shows. Send me a P.M and i will get you the info if your interested. I know it could leave the country but it could go to where they love Macks as much as we do. Some pics of our truck so you may compare.

post-13513-0-90145900-1384462094_thumb.j

post-13513-0-57804700-1384462129_thumb.j

• Like 2

Shoot, just give it me and I'LL enjoy it for you?? Sounds reasonable and no one has to feel hurt about not paying enough for it>

See how easy that was?? LOL!!!

I think you have to decide how quick you want to move it. $10K is wayy to cheap in my eyes. I know you can not recoup alot of what you spent, but you can't just give it away either. Even my old clunker I would not let go for $10K. You can't replace it for that, so why sell it for that. Putting it in the right market will get you the most money.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

agree. keep it or find a way to write it off as collateral on your new business. mine is only a single axle, isn't turboed but I have been offered 35-40 grand for mine and still would not part with it. 10 grand is way too cheap for that truck unless you wanna give it away. take a look at ebay or craigslist. they want 6 grand + for work out old junk that needs a total restoration and a bunch of sheet metal that is getting harder and harder to find.

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I am a relatively new member to the forum and about once a week I see a truck that just blows me away. Well, this week it's yours. That thing is gorgeous. As far as selling it, sometimes we do what we have to do, but take your time and make sure it goes to a good home...and get a good price for it too.

• Like 1

I agree with "Keep It" if you can but if you must sell it take your time and find the right market. Here's a link to an LJ that sold at R & M Hershey Auction in 2012: http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1053816

This truck was an older restoration that was beginning to show it's age and it was gas on top of that. It sold for $33K.

Keep it! You'll kick yourself sooner or later for getting rid of it.It is a BEAUTY! Fair price for a total restoration.......if you took less than $50,000.00 for that truck,you'd be cheating yourself! My .02

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Ok gonna best the perverbal dead horse here but i agree with the keep it's. If your wanting to start a truck shop that handels all parts mechanical body and paint work, what better way to show off what you can do and with your B. Honestly if my B needed work and i was joe blow looking for a shop to do some body work and a paint job and had the option of a few shops and one had restored a old road tractor to the extent you have done yours,my searching would be over and id leave you the keys. a living example of your skills like that is the kind of advertising you cant buy. And like was said anything you would do with it (parades, going to car and truck shows) could be written of as advertising expendature. I understand that you gotta do shat you gotta do but loosing a piece like that that has the memories of you and your dad working together cant be replaced

• Like 1

The jury is still out but I'm leaning towards keeping it but with an open mind. I agree with some of you that 10k is just plain stupid! I guess my point of view is that the business I'm in now exposes me to other Macks that are available for restoration. Not only that but now I have a place to do a restoration along with doing regular business. I guess what I'm saying I don't think this will be the last truck my dad and I will restore together. We're doing a Cruiseliner as we speak. With that being said I can not thank everyone for the nice comments and compliments! I bought the truck to learn how to do body/paint work and It turned into running my own business and it has already has brought me some business. I have a 1983 DM tandem dump scheduled to be brought in for a winter rebuild, mainly blasting,body/paint, and a brake job.

Here is a decent single axle for sale, bet if this sells it will be for less than 10K.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-1960-Mack-B61-Diesel-truck-/331066240097?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d1515ec61&item=331066240097&pt=Commercial_Trucks

An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay and what the market can bare, does that mean that there is not someone out there willing to pay top "off the chart" dollar for a truck?, no. But to the point that 220cummins is asking what would a fair price be so that it can sell in a reasonable amount of time? Comparing an auction that is over 1.5 years ago for a different model truck that is by all accounts rarer and was the Antique Club Of America show winner (museum quality restoration) with provenance is like comparing apples to grapes.

Go look at truck paper and you will see the same over priced trucks week in and week out, remember this classic http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4177625, it was talked about on BMT a couple time, they are not even listing a price now but if I remember right it was around $50K. That truck has been sitting for at least year. There are many examples just like this on CL, Ebay and other websites and just as many threads on here about an owner and his over priced truck.

Telling 220cummins his truck is worth more than 10K is not answering his question. Tell him what you would think is a fair price if you were to buy it is.

I hope he takes my suggestion and keeps it, but if he decides to sell it that is his choice, but we should all be able to help him

figure out what a fair and reasonable price would be.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Keep it unless you need the cash to capitalize the new shop. As you said you do not have time to run it, so you will probably never find time to do another one.

Does your business plan have you doing modern stuff or are you going to concentrate on older rigs? If it is older rigs then I would put a low boy behind it and start hitting the shows with whatever rig you are doing at the time.

How do plan on advertising the business? Nothing attracts truckers like an old truck.

If you must sell it I'd do my best to make it to the truck auction in Ohio this coming week end to see what a restored B is going for. I know of a couple that have gone in the over $50K range in the past few years. And before all the "It'll never go for that much and I'd never pay more than $10k for any truck." naysayers come out you need to remember to a high end collector $50K is half of what it would cost to pay someone else to do it. The one thing that will hurt the value is that it is not a rare model, but it is still desirable.

Good luck with whatever you do. I'm glad it's you and not me as I'd be heartbroken to let loose of something that nice.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Here is a decent single axle for sale, bet if this sells it will be for less than 10K.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-1960-Mack-B61-Diesel-truck-/331066240097?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d1515ec61&item=331066240097&pt=Commercial_Trucks

An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay and what the market can bare, does that mean that there is not someone out there willing to pay top "off the chart" dollar for a truck?, no. But to the point that 220cummins is asking what would a fair price be so that it can sell in a reasonable amount of time? Comparing an auction that is over 1.5 years ago for a different model truck that is by all accounts rarer and was the Antique Club Of America show winner (museum quality restoration) with provenance is like comparing apples to grapes.

Go look at truck paper and you will see the same over priced trucks week in and week out, remember this classic http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4177625, it was talked about on BMT a couple time, they are not even listing a price now but if I remember right it was around $50K. That truck has been sitting for at least year. There are many examples just like this on CL, Ebay and other websites and just as many threads on here about an owner and his over priced truck.

Telling 220cummins his truck is worth more than 10K is not answering his question. Tell him what you would think is a fair price if you were to buy it is.

I hope he takes my suggestion and keeps it, but if he decides to sell it that is his choice, but we should all be able to help him

figure out what a fair and reasonable price would be.

didn't sell, what a surprise http://www.ebay.com/itm/331066240097?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649,

Here is the other one that I doubt will sell unless the reserve is lifted and this one is "rare" http://www.ebay.com/itm/321252661072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I think this one will sell, probably bring $4000-$5000 even as a contour cab, BTW this looks like the one that was listed in the for sale section that is in Maine http://www.ebay.com/itm/291022393036?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Like 1

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."