1965 864 MACK V8

Jocko

hey guys the b815 that I just bought has a v8 but I wanna put a 237 or a 676 in it. the v8 runs great it is a very smooth motor it burns a little bit of oil through the valve seals. but other than that the motor is solid. I would like to maybe trade for a 237 or a mack engine similar to that. but im also willing to sell. im not sure how much a motor like this would go for but if your interested just make me an offer. the motor is still in the truck so if you wanna come by and hear it run, let me know.

post-3014-0-73442800-1380248743_thumb.jp

post-3014-0-20455600-1380248751_thumb.jp

post-3014-0-38812900-1380248758_thumb.jp

the thing is I plan on going to work with the truck in Newark doing local city work hauling concrete debri. and if I put that motor to work and something major goes im F*CKED

Then pull the engine and put it in "mothballs" so it can be converted back one day.

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

the thing is I plan on going to work with the truck in Newark doing local city work hauling concrete debri. and if I put that motor to work and something major goes im F*CKED

You honestly gonna "work" this truck?If so you'll need to put some serious cash into it.If I were you i'd get another truck for work and either save this one for a hobby truck,or sell it to the right person.

• Like 2

I realize I'm weird but when it comes to rare stuff like this you really gotta do whats morally right sometimes. I bought a V8 MH ,gonna knock it in the head,rough as a cob,just wanted the E9 to put in a Superliner. Lo and behold,turns out the MH was an original Magnum,only 64 made.Rare truck,just like the B815. It's still together, and will stay together so hopefully someone will restore it (it's been for sale quite awhile)if not,I will get it done someday.

You wouldn't buy the Mona Lisa just because you wanted to use the frame for another painting,would you?

• Like 2

I realize I'm weird but when it comes to rare stuff like this you really gotta do whats morally right sometimes. I bought a V8 MH ,gonna knock it in the head,rough as a cob,just wanted the E9 to put in a Superliner. Lo and behold,turns out the MH was an original Magnum,only 64 made.Rare truck,just like the B815. It's still together, and will stay together so hopefully someone will restore it (it's been for sale quite awhile)if not,I will get it done someday.

You wouldn't buy the Mona Lisa just because you wanted to use the frame for another painting,would you?

Didn't realize they only made 64 Magnum MH's!I know where 2 are,1 runs daily just about year round pulling a dump trailer in MA.