Billy Big Rigger

Superdog

Followed this guy up 61 for a ways the other day.Managed to quit laughing long enough to get a pic.Maybe someday he can play with the big trucks.

attachicon.gifstacked festiva.jpg

LOL! thats a riot! almost as bad as that mustang with stacks/marker lights a while back?......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Back about 20 years ago i built a 58 chevy 3/4 ton pickup for my son to drive and we put a 353 DD and 4 speed trans in it. My son move on to better things so we sold the pick up to a driver here that said he wanted it and was going to first install twin air horns and then ask me were he could find a 13 speed trans to install in it. He stated that it ran good with the 4 speed but with the extra gears a 13 speed had he thinks it would go faster. I said ok.

glenn akers

Hey Honey, you see my vacuum clear pipes?

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

i dunno about you guys but im about sick of seein stacks coming out of every damn diesel pickup around town myself. i can see it say on a 1 ton tow truck with one single subtle stack but theses assholes with 8'' black straight pipes coming out of their dodges with cummins piss me off.or the ones that think they need to mash the hammer and make alot of noise at EVERYONE they drive by. about as bad as the guys with a 1/2 ton chevy or ford pickup with a racerback and 2'' stacks going thru the bed. back about 40 years ago my grandfathers buddy was a welder and had stacks on his 1 tons Ford utility weldin truck with rain caps, it was unique and ''cool'' back then

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

i dunno about you guys but im about sick of seein stacks coming out of every damn diesel pickup around town myself. i can see it say on a 1 ton tow truck with one single subtle stack but theses assholes with 8'' black straight pipes coming out of their dodges with cummins piss me off.or the ones that think they need to mash the hammer and make alot of noise at EVERYONE they drive by. about as bad as the guys with a 1/2 ton chevy or ford pickup with a racerback and 2'' stacks going thru the bed. back about 40 years ago my grandfathers buddy was a welder and had stacks on his 1 tons Ford utility weldin truck with rain caps, it was unique and ''cool'' back then

Looks good on the utility and welding, tow trucks.The pickup trucks are getting out of hand.
  • Like 2

That's happening all over the place. There's an F250 that passes my house everyday with what looks like 6" stacks with about 13" of lift big tires and just keeps spooling the turbo. Getting annoying after a while. Its a 35 mph zone here but he thinks this is a raceway. I'd say at least a third of the diesel trucks have some type of single or dual stack. Obviously, these are not used for work because you actually need yo USE the bed if you did.

You know when it's out of hand when I had seen a lowered 2 wheel drive Toyota with a chrome 4" coming up out of the bed, and its a gas 4 cyl. I'll try to grab a picture next time I catch that kid at Wawa. Ridiculous.

Have another friend that bought a decent one as a beat a round car. He mounted this HUGE pintle hitch on the bumper. Almost too heavy for the car itself. Made for good laughs.

Same guy did a project for someone. They had a Geo Metro hatch they wanted converted to pickup truck> Ya, he did it. Moved the hatch forward for rear window. Then using Ranger bed floor and such was able to fab a "bed" inside the original quarter panels. It actually turned out pretty well for what he had to work with. Stupid waste of money, but the customer wanted it done.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

They hammer it to cut the fuel mileage down to 6-7 mpg, just like a big truck. It's all part of the fantasy.

• Like 1

Jim

• 3 months later...

Bringing back this old thread because it fits this diesel picture so well. My friend took this picture today. All diesels need a stack right???

That thing ought to sound really odd. Is it an actual exhaust and what happened to the truck?

Bringing back this old thread because it fits this diesel picture so well. My friend took this picture today. All diesels need a stack right???

Um, well........Just Damn! I cant really sand the giant stacks in the bed of a pickup so that is just something I have no words to describe my feelings for.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"