Sight liner sighted

Timothy Maikshilo

Odd looking truck for sure,a schoolbus company near me when i lived in Jersey had one,a little single axle wrecker,used to see it all the time,but don't know whatever happened to it.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

The old-timers used to call 'em Bi-Focal Internationals (fits)! There was a story in WOT awhile back,where Dallas Daggett (Daggett Truck Lines) said when they hooked one up to a van trailer,it looked like a "loaf of bread pushing an ant"! :loldude:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The old-timers used to call 'em Bi-Focal Internationals (fits)! There was a story in WOT awhile back,where Dallas Daggett (Daggett Truck Lines) said when they hooked one up to a van trailer,it looked like a "loaf of bread pushing an ant"! :loldude:

They were also known as the "flying saucer". The yellow one looks like it was a government agency owned truck. There were not too many of them, probably sales were low because they were so strange looking.

I hope he does something with that one other than letting it rust away there. Probably one of those "I'm going to fix it up some day" stories, and it will sit until it is too far gone to save.

The yellow truck would appear be a 1957 due the the single headlight setup. I will have to consult my Crismon book to be certain but I think that was also the first year they were made. Yes, it does look like a gov't truck with the yellow paint and Civil Defense stickers stuck on it.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

On a side note - what's the army truck's rear end at the left of the picture?

And the second note - I'm looking for the light reflectors as on it's board.

Vlad, He has a few army trucks too. I'll go see what he has on it for reflectors. May still be able to get them at the truck store.

• Like 1