Sight liner sighted

Timothy Maikshilo

That sightliner is a real Rube Goldberg of a truck. Strange how they take a cab from one model and mold it into something else. Like the Ford Two story Falcon, the Highbinder, and likely a few others I can't say right now.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That sightliner is a real Rube Goldberg of a truck. Strange how they take a cab from one model and mold it into something else. Like the Ford Two story Falcon, the Highbinder, and likely a few others I can't say right now.

Freightrain, You make a good point. The Mack N series and Ford shared the same coe Budd built cab.

The H model mack used the L cab and stuck it on stilts. The H model Ford used the Budd cab on stilts. The RD highbinder put an "R" cab on stilts.

Interesting and now the old Chevy and Ford 1 to 2 ton COE trucks from the 50's are getting pretty collectable to the car enthusiast.

Ya, back before I got my B I was looking to build a COE or such to pull my trailer. Like they to today, maybe not as fancy as some of the guys do, but workable. I ended up with the B instead.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It was fairly common to use a conventional cab for a COE, and many of the early ones (1930's - 40's) were made that way.

In addition to Ford doing it with the H model, the International Emeryville "floor over axle" high COE also used a cab that had begun life as a low-tilt COE model. Hendrickson also did it using the same cab, which was originally a Diamond T cab. What was unusual was that International then used that cab to make a conventional truck with a cab from a COE. The Emeryville COE cab was used on the Emeryville 400 conventional series - and it looks unusual too. The long hood version is referred to as the Donald Duck because that is what it looks like. The only other one I can think of was when GM used a Titan/Astro COE cab to make the General/Bison conventionals in the late 70's - although it had changes for conventional use, including smaller windshields.

Dodge used a cab from a conventional on the cab-forward C series, which was normal, but then stopped using it on conventionals. Then in later years the cab was moved back to the conventional position on the CN and CNT models. Dodge also made an unusual move when it used the cab from the A100 pickup on the low-tilt COE, model L.

An Emeryville conventional:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hayestrucks/6285324952/

Yes at a friends yard. He will not part with it.

Why part with a rare piece of trucking history so someone can restore it when you can let it rot to the ground and be gone forever! People like that tick me off, if your gonna let it rust sell it to someone that will try to repair it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Why part with a rare piece of trucking history so someone can restore it when you can let it rot to the ground and be gone forever! People like that tick me off, if your gonna let it rust sell it to someone that will try to repair it.

84superdog, I know what your saying...there are a lot of folks that hang on to equipment and I have in the past like many others here been able to get equipment from these folks but a friendship is involved. It would be great to save such a rare piece and it maybe possible along the way.