Chris Sissick from Hanks Truck Pictures called us to the mat on Photo Linking

Barry

I VERY much like the way you responded,not laying down like a bad dog the way he prob. thought you would.... :twothumbsup: .I just don't get why people get bent out of shape,why take the pic. and put it on the web if you don't want it used/enjoyed???If it was used in a negative way that would be a different story.

• Like 2

Very well said Barry. As the old saying goes: any publicity is good. If the pics were not posted here I would have never heard of Hanks pictures. I assume he makes his money from advertising or selling pictures. No visitors, no sales.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that Chris Sissick contacted my over the use of one of his Mack Truck photos in this post:

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/29202-jersey-macks/?p=161183

Here is the original message that I received on Feb 4, 2013:

He was polite and simply requested removal as per Hanks Truck Pictures Copyrighting so I replied with the following statement:

As I mentioned in the reply, I will remove his image as requested or until I receive a reply of agreement with him or Hanks. Also, until any agreements are made, consider this post a heads up to how Mr. Sissick and Hanks Truck Pictures prefer to treat a non profit website, and it's valued members, that promote antique truck history! I have never once gone after anyone linking photos from our photo galleries and I don't intend on ever doing so unless someone is using images for profit. Then I agree that it is wrong.

It was brought to my attention by a friend who is registered to use your site??? What the hell is that ? Whats next a warning from Pac Car holy cow!

Very diplomatic of you,Barry! Well said,too! I have used truck pictures of other folks on here,but always leave their name on the bottom or put it off to the side,out of respect and give thanks to them for taking such an interesting picture.I could have chopped the name off of just about every picture and called it mine,but I don't treat other people like that.After all,doesn't Hank's "link" to other sites,as well? We could go on and on about this,but for what? We all very much enjoy this forum to bring us back (even for just a little while),to the "good old days" where we didn't have 1.5 miilion shithouse lawyers per square mile and just enjoy a little conversation among friends.Barry,again,thanks for putting it so well to Mr. Sissick................Al Rhino..............Good Day!

Amen Al!!!

Ron

My guess is that yes we have to respect Mr.Sssick and Hank's truck , but when you have to copyright a picture

that you take I guess it is far fetched , are they making any money with those pics ??

You can take any of my pics and do whaterver you want about it , they are taken with pleasure for my pleasure and the pleasure of the others , being so open on freedom of many things and being so tight on copyright for pictures .

He was polite in his request and Barry was polite but also clear on the response which is a very good thing between the two communications, we can see that they are adults in treating this mather .

my 02 cents

• Like 1

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale

Here is Chris's reply...

Barry,
Thank you for removing the said photo. I appreciate your concern
in this matter. I will not debate this as it is a constant problem with
other web sites as well as in this instance, yours. As a photographer,
you should know the relationship between photographer and photo. If any
of your members wish to repost one of my pictures taken from
Hankstruckpictures.com, please have them contact me for permission
first. I know you can not monitor this, but a little courtesy from your
members would be appreciated.

Chris Sissick

I was hoping he would be more understanding and open for debate but it looks like a closed case! LOL. I'll remove the pic but I have also contacted Hank's about the copyright and to see if we can use his stuff in a limited manner under the fair use act or maybe even in exchange for an ad banner? I am awaiting response from Hank's.

In the mean time, feel free to request permission from any of Hank's photographers before you post. They say that they are pretty flexible so I am curious to see how that goes!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Sounds kinda like CYA. Chris sent you an email, you reponded, all parties are "in the know". That covers everyones asses if the lawyers show up. Plain and simple.

I rarely copy pictures from other sites, even on other forums. If I do, they aren't copyrighted, usually just something from Google or Photobucket that I use to get a point across or help explain something.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

''a little courtesey from your members would be appreciated....'' ha what a crock. the members on this site are come of the most courteous nicest people i have ever met. sorry we peed in someones wheaties for postin a picture for educational purposes and not for money purposes...

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Pictures of trucks in truck stop parking lots, along the highway or sitting at the dock to be unloaded has become high classed ART!!!

WOW!!!

I like taking pictures and posting pictures. If somebody uses one of mine it is nice to get mentioned, if they don't...big deal.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I can imagine my old two stick video and the quantity of copies and downloads it got way back in the beginning. I made the video, it got downloaded and copied to Youtube by FOUR separate people(long before I knew Youtube existed). I got all kinds of emails once people figured out whose it was. Then lord knows what from the last 6-7 yrs? I better get the lawyers out!! Ya, right, I'll get right on it LOL!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I can imagine my old two stick video and the quantity of copies and downloads it got way back in the beginning. I made the video, it got downloaded and copied to Youtube by FOUR separate people(long before I knew Youtube existed). I got all kinds of emails once people figured out whose it was. Then lord knows what from the last 6-7 yrs? I better get the lawyers out!! Ya, right, I'll get right on it LOL!!!

You could always use the one the Howard brothers used I think his name was I. Fleecum Esq.

Ron

I don't see any reason to boycott Hanks since these emails are coming from his contributors and I haven't had an official response from Hank him self yet. I'll post his response when I get it. Hanks Truck Pictures is a good site with a lot of pictorial information. The contributors just seem to be a little uptight! :lol:

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK