Garage Robbed

41chevy

inside job???? any of your old employees ever been there.

None of them. Very few knew of the garage. Like I said I have my ideas. I call a few Mopar people who are in the business, it is now posted on Hot Rod Mag, Hemming Blog and will be up on HAMB. Hit the speed shops and Jack Merkel Racing Engines. Also pestered the police today...told them I'd call back again tomorrow.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They took prints and photos and a full inventory. Their tune changed when the saw the 392 was valued at 50 grand and the Max Wedges were in at 10 an 18 grand. Could not insure them because they're "Parts".

The Hemi and one Max Wedge were Atlantic Steamer tournament truck engines the other was a 1964 Cotton Owens NASCAR engine signed off by his museum as legit.

Vlad, I put the word out at scrap dealers but I do not think the were into that, there was to much other stuff to take for scrapping.Plus we noticed tonight that my 1964 Corvair Spyder Turbo engine was also gone. Just added that to the police inventory. No they were very selective and aside from the missing items "cleaned up" after them selves. Even deactivated the alarm sensors. No they were there specifically for those items. Only plus is none are streetable. Even the 4speeds were modified for drag racing. If anything I would have expected my stack of NOS Mopar Tin would also be gone too but nope.

I've had these engines since 1982 / 84 and believe me few people ever were there or saw them. Still waiting to talk to my grandson and gauge his reaction as he could be there for days and nobody would think twice about it.. He did have dope problem at one time that all involved tried to hid from me. God himself won't be able to help if he is involved.

Bob the R is in my yard in Wading River waiting to put the new nose on it and the all most mint cab I got in Ogden.UT

Paul

ahrite,man,,,glad its coming along,,,havent heard anything about it in a while,,,good luck getting your stuff back,,,that certainly sucks...to bad our system is so f-----kin weak,,,when it comes to outlaws... bob

When my shop was robed, the guy took $7000 worth of tools. The police took a report. After I found some of my tools in two different pawn shops, I finally heard from an investigator. The pawn shops were very helpful. They identified the guy that brought in the tools and handed over everything he sold them. The guy was a convicted felon. Had a gun in his backpack when arrested. He got ninty days and then free room and board in a half way house for six month. The last time I saw him he was stealing aluminum cans from recycling bins.

Ugh, sorry to hear this. I pray every day my stuff STAYS my stuff. My previous house was broken into one evening, only few things were taken, they even left my big camcorder laying there? Cash and dash. Got my neighbor behind me. Popped their screen window out and got purse and wallet off the kitchen table while THEY WERE HOME!!!!!

Insurance paid to get me a new door and few extra bucks for things taken. I was lucky.

I wish you luck in your search. Gee, I hope the bastards don't end up with lead poisoning??? hehehe.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I called today and reminded the detective it totals over $75.000, made the round of scrap yards, the pawn shops who said they buy car parts, the engine re-builders / machine shops from Queens to my end, gathered up contacts in the local car clubs and the National list of all the Mopar clubs on the east coast through the Long Island Mopar Power Club.

The pair of 4 speeds are kind amusing now. They are both modified for racing with cut sycros and blocker rings also have modified first and second gear sets for when I raced my 55 Chevy.

Course Loadstars wedding post made me feel a bit better...Sad as it is.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul, sorry, I'm not well educated about different American-made machinery as racings engines and gearboxes.

If that stuff is so specific it multiplies chances to find some traces out.

This way I'm not shure it's the best idea to inform lots of people you don't know about it all because the bastrads might "lay on a ground".

From the other side you may ask some of your friends to start interweb "looking around" for any kind of that stuff hoping for somebody will make an offer.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Paul, sorry, I'm not well educated about different American-made machinery as racings engines and gearboxes.

If that stuff is so specific it multiplies chances to find some traces out.

This way I'm not shure it's the best idea to inform lots of people you don't know about it all because the bastrads might "lay on a ground".

From the other side you may ask some of your friends to start interweb "looking around" for any kind of that stuff hoping for somebody will make an offer.

Vlad there is a very limited market who would buy them and 98% are honest and will look out for the stolen items. The only other shot is they are Exported out of the U.S. but I doubt they left my area.

P.T.CHESHIRE

We have 10 cars down at the Mecum Auction in Fl so I mentioned to our guy thats down there to spread the word. We know about 15 other dealers from our area down there as well as other Mopar guys and such. Doing what I can for you.

They will show up soon enough, whether by themselves or in a car and you'll catch the fucker. If I can do anything else, just let me know.

We have 10 cars down at the Mecum Auction in Fl so I mentioned to our guy thats down there to spread the word. We know about 15 other dealers from our area down there as well as other Mopar guys and such. Doing what I can for you.

They will show up soon enough, whether by themselves or in a car and you'll catch the fucker. If I can do anything else, just let me know.

Every bit helps. I've been on Craigs List and Ebay searching too.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul,

Sorry to hear you were robbed. What town was your garage in? If they knew what to take then someone knew what was in there. Reminds me of when we had our machine shop, every there was a big brass or aluminum job our yard was broken into and the scrap stolen the day it was put outside. We always figured is was some neighborhood low life (the area is full of em). Then after we sold the machine shop off we still had some scrap left over, some aluminum mostly steel. Those barrels sat there for a few months before we gathered up enough junk to have the scrap guy come one last time. It was then we knew it was one or more of our workers who was in on the scrap theft. That or they told some scum bag when to drop by.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Paul,

Sorry to hear you were robbed. What town was your garage in? If they knew what to take then someone knew what was in there. Reminds me of when we had our machine shop, every there was a big brass or aluminum job our yard was broken into and the scrap stolen the day it was put outside. We always figured is was some neighborhood low life (the area is full of em). Then after we sold the machine shop off we still had some scrap left over, some aluminum mostly steel. Those barrels sat there for a few months before we gathered up enough junk to have the scrap guy come one last time. It was then we knew it was one or more of our workers who was in on the scrap theft. That or they told some scum bag when to drop by.

The house and garage are in Nassau County in the Hamlet of Oyster Bay on the Oyster Bay Cove line

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nassau County Police recovered most of my Hemi and both Max Wedges, all missing carbs when they were brought to Glen Cove Auto Salvage scrap. They are now in possession of the N.C.P.D. This was one of the yards that posted a flyer behind the counter with info on the engines and a reward for their recovery and arrest.

The shit hit the fan at home, because it was my grandson and a "friend" of his that stole them I am supposed to look the other way. I told my son and daughter in law that I am not stopping what ever occurs with the police, DA and courts. A thief is a thief, family stealing from family is about as bad as it gets. If the do not like it than don't cross my path again. My son told his wife to suck it up and take what ever he has coming.

Steals from me, makes like he's upset and "helping" to find them when the little punk was the one who did it. What ever happens is no where near enough for what he has done. I'll go to my grave making his life miserable

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nassau County Police recovered most of my Hemi and both Max Wedges, all missing carbs when they were brought to Glen Cove Auto Salvage scrap. They are now in possession of the N.C.P.D. This was one of the yards that posted a flyer behind the counter with info on the engines and a reward for their recovery and arrest.

The shit hit the fan at home, because it was my grandson and a "friend" of his that stole them I am supposed to look the other way. I told my son and daughter in law that I am not stopping what ever occurs with the police, DA and courts. A thief is a thief, family stealing from family is about as bad as it gets. If the do not like it than don't cross my path again. My son told his wife to suck it up and take what ever he has coming.

That is the only way he will learn,

Matt

The details are really sad. I thing you are on the right way. Shure it's not easy to do it but it's the only way to fix finghs in their correct positions and a chance for a grandson to avoid more serious issues in the future. With no guarantee of corse. Maybe all that would free you from some other potential disasters in the future. Glad to know the stuff was found out in a short time.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I am glad most of your stuff will be coming back to you.

Sad to hear the rest of the details.

Jim

Have to find out if I can get it back now or if it needs to be used as evidence,

P.T.CHESHIRE

I knew it was going to be someone who knew what was there. Sorry to here the scum was family. He's going to get what's coming to him. What a bunch of morons. Did they recover the Muncies?

Muncies are gone, apparently they "sold them to some guy" probably got 25 or 30 for them too I am so pissed even my wifes avoiding me. I'm sure when I get the engines back they'll be ruined from where ever the NCPD stores them.

On the up side you my have a ton of stuff to sell from me.

P.T.CHESHIRE