Some Superliner Pics.

Go to solution Solved by PC68,

Do you guys consider the axle forward CH/CHU a modern Superliner?

Not even in a bad dream..! The original, "one and only", Superliner by its' very appearance screamed "I'm tough." And it was tough.! The very first visible feature that you notice on a Superliner is the large grill, which means a large radiator, which means large horsepower is lurking under that long hood..! I'm confident that we would have seen bigger dyno numbers from production E9s had it not been for stricter emission standards. Nope, there'll never be another one like it.! :( :(

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

What was the highest power rating for the E9 in the US Im pretty sure it was 585HP out here

Paul

Mine is the 500 and I'm pretty sure that's top o' the chart for the US E9s. I talked with a guy back in 1990 from PA, a Mack employee at the time, that said E9s were shipped out of the country makin' 800 HP..!! No proof of that tho'...!!
  • Like 1

"If it ain't got a motor, I ain't interested.!!"

• 1 month later...

I wish I had a LTL to park next to my superliner! I think that's the best looking truck to roll off the Mack line.

I know an LT and RW are like the perfect pair throw a B in and have a Trifecta. They were on my wish list for a while. If you are looking for a nice LT last time I was in Oregon Mackdaddy was putting one together to sell. That was several years ago but...

• Like 1