Thoughts on this A-Car?

Bigdogtrucker

I don't know about were you are, but around home the truck would sell for a working truck, not a restore. It would be put to work. I would say 4500 on the low end and 6500 on the high end, but it would also depend on the buyer. I asked my old man one time what a old kenworth was worth and he said all you can get out of it!! But it is a good looking old truck you don't see many single axle dumps like it, so maybe it went up a little more like 7500!! just my 2 cents no offence indended

• Like 1

tell him to give it a new paint job and you'll give him 10k.Looks clean and solid as a rock.Worst part about it though is the 24" rubber ,very expensive and hard to find when you need to replace it.

The truck is super clean for the year,i do think it would be worth that WITH paint as well.I know the 24" isn't cheap,but it sure does "make" the truck!

• Like 1

If the truck is as solid as it looks $8000 isn't bad. Maybe if you show up with cash you can get it for that. If not let us know where it is and one of us will buy it. I bought a 1960 DC75 Autocar tractor last year for $3500, but it is really rusty. It basically needs all new sheat metal. I am not going to do that. I'll run it the way it is. This one looks pretty solid. (mine did too in the pictures though)

Mike

Looks like a well cared for truck, not prettied up for a sale. Realistically I'd offer around 8 in 100 dollar bills. Bet he'd take it. I've bought 2 A Cars about that shape for 6500 for a tractor unit and 7400 for a 10 wheel dump. Waiting on a price tomorrow on a 10 wheel flat bed A Car. With out batting an eye it would go 12g or better on export.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Early "60's,has a 220 Cummins with a 5x4 trans. and a G rear.24" rubber,power steering,VERY clean truck that's road ready but could use paint.Anybody have a feel on the value in today's market?

It' got a good dump body, looks like a Heil there E/Z on the truck frame and in the day they where a top shelf body! I liked them better then the Bristol Donald Tri Hoist, also a good body. What was good about the older one's was that they had a bed above the truck frame and not just a piston and a couple of angle irons bolted to the frame, right behind the cab! Just ask anyone who has broke a piston (and lived to tell about it) on these newer ones when the body was half way up, what happens to the cab

BULLHUSK

:SMOKIE-RT:

My understanding is that the "D" after each model # indicates Direct. I'd take my "low value" amount to the seller and see if he'd take it,in cash;if he holds out for more,offer to come up with something in the middle of "low and high value". If that's not enough,I'd say,"Well,let me see what I can do." I'd catch the seller a day or so later,take the last offer,and another couple of 50's,and wave that in his face. If that didn't get the truck,I'd have to walk away,because It goes against my nature to pay fair market value. ;)

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>