Chicago R models

so yesterday I was passing Maggio's on I39 and saw a giant gold mack bulldog sticking up over the trailers in the lot closest to the highway. I never noticed it before, and have never made it to the show at their place. When I went back south it was dark, but you could still see the outline of it in the lights from the building. I figure someone on here must know what it is, or what it is sitting on top of.

It is anchored to the top of a van trailer advertising CIT.It used to sit in plain view of I-39,but now has another trailer parked in front of it (?). That same :bulldog1: used to greet you at the former Northern Illinois :mack1: /Rockford Truck Sales entrance before CIT took over. I think it shows just how serious these people(CIT) are about MACK Trucks (not too). Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Nice when I went to westside in Rockford on 39 I saw super mix plant is that a division of them then when I went to patten cat Monday I got off at Baxter rd and went in around the airport past the landfill I saw a quarry on the right think then sign was curran ? Are they a big co like d construction

Mackey, the Super Mix you saw was at 39 and rt72. When you hopped off at Baxter Rd the landfill on the left was the Winnebago

county landfill. When you crossed over 251 and continued west the pit on the left was a William Charles pit (AKA Rockford Blacktop)

Curran only has the Dekalb facility now as they have sold their other places. William Charles is a very good size company that owns

many pits around the Rockford area. They used to own the Winnebago landfill also, plus Rock River disposal, Marengo Disposal,

Rochelle Disposal, plus the Rochelle landfill, Gill's disposal (Freeport IL) and a couple others but I read that they sold off most of the

waste companies to an investor but still have a stake in them. I have a couple pictures, the first is of the dredge they use at the Beltline

rd pit, the second is a William Charles RD, and the third is a Rochelle Disposal dm.

http://www.williamcharlesconstruction.com/

post-13943-0-02010700-1421466707_thumb.j

post-13943-0-01436100-1421466719_thumb.j

post-13943-0-11314300-1421466750_thumb.j

• Like 1

Curran still has the McHenry plant and they are actually going to open it up this year. They were gonna sell it but ended up keeping it. As of right now that plant has more work on the books for this year then DeKalb does. And they still own they gravel pit across from Meyers old pit in Harvard. The one they took over from Merryman, not sure how to spell it. I think they only hauled sand out of there for about two weeks two years ago and maybe one or two days this last year.

• Like 1

Monday night me and pops went into Chicago to haul out the stand and base for the Christmas tree that is at Daily Plaza.

Got there about 8 and got out at 10. Was nice with the cold because nobody was out and it was easy to get around. Took

his truck since it was already dirty (mines still clean in the driveway). Took a couple pictures while we were waiting for the

guys to trim the tree, even saw a couple Mack's out working late.

That's about the only time you want to be downtown, lol. Awesome pics!!!! That's cool to say you were there.

I still remember I was pissed cause my broker never offered me to haul the dirt out of Wrigley Feild think it was around '07. He told me that he knew I didn't want to work out of town, let alone go to Chicago as long as Curran had work.

I told him, I would have made an exception one day to say I worked at Wrigley Feild, lol

One of the guys that was there said people were trying to climb on the trucks to get some of the dirt. Now it wasn't a Plote job, but I heard that Plote had them haul the dirt to one of their sites and was gonna sell the dirt to Cubs fans. Not sure if that ever happened or not.

When I had my old DM 6 wheeler the Rochelle Disposal guys use to always wave to me. The one time I was actually bringing in contaminated dirt into their dump and I heard two of the guys talking on the CB about me "there is that Rossi truck that looks just like ours" lol

Then is also have Waste Management trucks waving to me thinking I was a Rochelle Disposal truck.

Those trucks use to be always clean and polished, though I think they have stopped taking care of them.

Thanks for the info we had a job at 9th and wells that wasn't bad but I bet well I know it will suck with the roadwork st94&290 UFO up to depaul causer son goes. There and I'd go lake shore to Fullerton but pickups. Can't go on it cause of that b plate rule hope I get to go out to Rockford again nice ride