Chicago R models

I know it's not Chicago, but saw these cool Macks with Red River belt body's on them like my belt trailer instead of dump boxes. They were paving a parking lot across from the office for the condo units we were checking into in Orlando FL. I went over and talked to them. They were very nice, but they were company drivers so they didn't know much about owner operators. It was funny though. I asked him if they ever use semis for paving. He laughed and said, oh no. These parking lots are too small for them. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him we do it all the time, and some parking lots are smaller then that one, lol

post-13203-0-77645400-1423273487_thumb.j

post-13203-0-49685800-1423273501_thumb.j

post-13203-0-69321700-1423273542_thumb.j

post-13203-0-83698000-1423273605_thumb.j

• Like 2

I know it's not Chicago, but saw these cool Macks with Red River belt body's on them like my belt trailer instead of dump boxes. They were paving a parking lot across from the office for the condo units we were checking into in Orlando FL. I went over and talked to them. They were very nice, but they were company drivers so they didn't know much about owner operators. It was funny though. I asked him if they ever use semis for paving. He laughed and said, oh no. These parking lots are too small for them. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him we do it all the time, and some parking lots are smaller then that one, lol

Funny because that company is from Massachusetts and uses their dump trailers for everything. They should send the Florida guys up north for a week.

• Like 2

Matt

pretty nice pictures. that B has bias plys on it. I wonder if they are Chinese??

I noticed the bias ply myself but I guess I did look at the brand. Tried to zoom in on the pic but couldn't make out the name.

No hooters pictures?

Those will stay on the computer for personal use :whistling:

• Like 1

I went to the Peoria Civic Center(Peoria IL) for the truck show this weekend. Decent little show. Had a nice B-model there that CIT in Lasalle

did all the body work to, and the Green Mack was a CIT truck. Had one Mack in the show n shine along with about 20 other trucks,

and The Quincy dealership brought a few trucks. After the show we went to the Caterpillar visitors center and checked that out for a

bit, was pretty cool, then there was a Hooters about a block away so we checked that out also before we left.

Shoot!!!! I forgot that was this week. I've gone with BJ the last couple of years. Though I'm out of town and couldnt go anyways.

Is anyone going to Louisville? I'm gonn try and make it.

Shoot!!!! I forgot that was this week. I've gone with BJ the last couple of years. Though I'm out of town and couldnt go anyways.

Is anyone going to Louisville? I'm gonn try and make it.

I'm headed to Louisville. Made the reservations on Sunday. Missed it last year since I went to Con-Expo.

• Like 1

Found this picture of Northern IL Mack's Superliner tow truck. Ernie got this truck when he bought the other trucks. I asked

him what happened to it, and he said he didn't really need it so he sold it. He thinks an exporter bought it.

Probably towing somewhere warm now.

My Value-Liner got to ride on the back of that one time. The guy that drove it at the time was from the Harvard area.
  • Like 2

Was doing some spring cleaning and came across a few old Northern IL Mack Hats that I have. The middle one has

to be at least 30 years old. The teal hat lists Mendota as the third location. I don't think I was ever there. Must have

been before they moved to Lasalle.

post-13943-0-40212000-1423937902_thumb.j

• Like 1

Boy we can't even get our '90's Oshkosh 6X6 up on the hill, to water for us! That's a fairly new Granite, like you said.........must be nice! The "Out of Service" tag on it could mean several things as they are regularly inspected by MSHA (Mine Safety Health Administration). Could be as simple as a light out that could prompt them to tag it out. Either that or the said driver has not been tasked trained(often done by a dealer rep) on that certain vehicle. Who knows. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Boy we can't even get our '90's Oshkosh 6X6 up on the hill, to water for us! That's a fairly new Granite, like you said.........must be nice! The "Out of Service" tag on it could mean several things as they are regularly inspected by MSHA (Mine Safety Health Administration). Could be as simple as a light out that could prompt them to tag it out. Either that or the said driver has not been tasked trained(often done by a dealer rep) on that certain vehicle. Who knows. Al

It dropped the driveshaft in the yard. I guess it came from another pit in TN and it sounds like they beat the sh-t out of it and sent it north,

so now the truck is in the shop getting patched back together.

• Like 1

Found this picture of Northern IL Mack's Superliner tow truck. Ernie got this truck when he bought the other trucks. I asked

him what happened to it, and he said he didn't really need it so he sold it. He thinks an exporter bought it.

Probably towing somewhere warm now.

My '74 DM was on that hook also.

Was in the pit the other day and it looks like they got a new-ish Granite water truck to replace their DM.

Already broke though, has the do not use sticker on the door and sitting next to the shop. Good timing,

to cold to use it anyway.

Sycamore? Tenah said they were gonna get a new one but was prob gonna be a Pete.

Not sure if any of you are on Facebook, but this is a page I belong to and they are trying to get more people to join. Even though it says "dump trucks" it's anythig to do with construction. I think I've posted the most Mack pictures on there. I know you guys have a boat load more then me that other people would get a kick out of.

post-13203-0-61362000-1424219916_thumb.j

Sycamore? Tenah said they were gonna get a new one but was prob gonna be a Pete.

Yes. They got a Granite. The DM was in the corner under a pile of snow. The DM also needed help, Tina said it wouldn't shift

into the high side any more, and had a few other issues. Also if you head in there in the spring there are some new changes.

They put in a new scale, scale house, and wheel wash. The haul road will head due west from the entrance. The barns and

house will be demolished for the new road. I've heard they might go to a badge system like McCook and Bartlett, but none of

it is up and running just yet, might be a month or two yet. Good news is the wheel wash is supposed to be like Lisbon's and

Boughton's where it just gets the tires and not all over the truck. Should be interesting.

• Like 1