Chicago R models

I had an old no power steering R model at Harry Kuhn my day consisted backing around cul de sacs in the older sections of streamwood following the gradall so he could load the bad sections of curb into the trailer.

some of the guys that are driving now could use that. some of these guys cant back at all.

When I had my old DM 6 wheeler the Rochelle Disposal guys use to always wave to me. The one time I was actually bringing in contaminated dirt into their dump and I heard two of the guys talking on the CB about me "there is that Rossi truck that looks just like ours" lol

Then is also have Waste Management trucks waving to me thinking I was a Rochelle Disposal truck.

Those trucks use to be always clean and polished, though I think they have stopped taking care of them.

I noticed those trucks are looking rough also. After they sold out they moved out of their shop and now all that is left there is the shell of

an MR cab. Don't know were they park now. One driver there kept awesome care of his truck. Was a 4 axle DM rolloff with all aluminum buds,

floaters up front, the whole truck was always polished and probably had every piece of chrome a DM could have along with some extra

chicken lights, but I think the new company stripped all that stuff off them trucks and they look like crap now. I'm sure it killed morale and

the guys just gave up. A shame, I would say that was the best looking Mack rolloff in northern IL.

• Like 1

That was has a E-9 in it,if I'm not mistaken,Trent. I remember a guy leased to Bulk Commodities bought the 1st E7-400 RWS N.I. :mack1: sold at about the same time I bought my RD in '90.Stepco NationaLease took the twin to it and I don't know whatever became of it. They were painted that same maroon metallic. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I noticed those trucks are looking rough also. After they sold out they moved out of their shop and now all that is left there is the shell of

an MR cab. Don't know were they park now. One driver there kept awesome care of his truck. Was a 4 axle DM rolloff with all aluminum buds,

floaters up front, the whole truck was always polished and probably had every piece of chrome a DM could have along with some extra

chicken lights, but I think the new company stripped all that stuff off them trucks and they look like crap now. I'm sure it killed morale and

the guys just gave up. A shame, I would say that was the best looking Mack rolloff in northern IL.

You are correct. Prob the nicest and cleanest disposal trucks around. Even their rear discharge garbage trucks had polished aluminum. What a shame to see. And tell you the truth I really haven't seen many of them running around anymore.

Found a Chicago R-model on You Tube. An Advanced Concrete truck backing into their yard on Grand Ave.

I like the jack-ass in the Nissan that about floors it into his hood because he can't wait one more second.

Seriously, the road was blocked for less than 20 seconds. They're lucky (insert training company of choice) wasn't pushing a 53 footer into that yard.

• Like 2

Jim