Chicago R models

Saw a couple Macks today. A tough looking R-model pulling a Brady trailer, a Del Taco RD and an RD conveyor that I was delivering

CA-7 to that blocked the whole street for me so I had to back out and then back in from the other side. I hate housing projects.

That red R model is an old Harry Kuhn truck. The same guy has been running it for years.

Anyone know what ever happened to Ronny Edwards superliner last I saw it the truck was sitting in a yard on 23 just outside Marengo across from the paver brick plant. I remember in the spring of 1980 when he rolled into road materials in Dundee with it he used to park there someone told me he died a ways back the truck does not sit where it was the last time I saw it. I remember it had a 350 in it he used to really roll with that thing I believe he was number one on the list at road materials he went by the name of tracker on the CB.

Anyone know what ever happened to Ronny Edwards superliner last I saw it the truck was sitting in a yard on 23 just outside Marengo across from the paver brick plant. I remember in the spring of 1980 when he rolled into road materials in Dundee with it he used to park there someone told me he died a ways back the truck does not sit where it was the last time I saw it. I remember it had a 350 in it he used to really roll with that thing I believe he was number one on the list at road materials he went by the name of tracker on the CB.

Tracker ran that Dog into the ground plus some. I had not heard that he passed away. He got rid of the truck at the height of the exporting. It was shot, he would come by our shop for some service help. My Dad ran with him back in the late 70's.

About a month ago I took this picture of this R-model that a farmer near me owns. He was picking up some ag-lime.

They have been trying to sell me that truck lately. E-7, Mack 9 sp on Taper leaf, pretty sure the frame rails have been replaced. Powers higher than me have stated that there is an Antique Moratorium at Stark Service. Guess I'm gonna have a cut thru the red tape and find a loop hole around that one.

• Like 1

I loaded a lot of nelson trucks this summer I recall a six wheeler coming in but I don't think it was a DM I saw the old Harry Kuhn DM the wheaton sanitary district used to own sold on gov deals not long ago that was a nice truck someone got a good deal on that when they bought it..

• Like 1