Chicago R models

I loaded a lot of nelson trucks this summer I recall a six wheeler coming in but I don't think it was a DM I saw the old Harry Kuhn DM the wheaton sanitary district used to own sold on gov deals not long ago that was a nice truck someone got a good deal on that when they bought it..

When I sold them mine in the fall of '04 they had some fairly new RD 6 wheelers. They told me that they were gonna paint my old '74 to match their trucks and then put some extensions on the box to haul more. They were not gonna plate it or insure it. They were just gonna use it as an on site truck and just move it with their low boy.

I thought you or someone else posted that picture last winter,Brian. I know I have seen it before. Bet the R-700 on the right has an 8V-71 under the hood.......just a guessin'......a bunch of those around the Chicagoland area,back in the day! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I don't think I posted it, but maybe I sent that to you in an e-mail. I got CRS, sometimes I forget things.

I think theres 3 R's in that picture not just 2

Maybe, looks like there is another truck on the left. Looks like the one on the right is a twin stack.

I wonder if that's steil trucking ( think thats how it's spelled) they pulled dumps and flats

Could be Mackey, I don't have any guesses on this one.

• Like 1

Looks like an Ozinga/Meyer mixer had a major oops last week. One of their RD mixers backed into a steel beam in the new Weber Grill HQ in

Huntley and took out a huge section of the roof. I hauled there all last summer and was in the building myself. Not sure if the driver had a spotter

watching him or what the story is. I took a picture of an RD mixer in there last year and a friend just found a picture on the 150 FB page of

the truck that took out the roof. No one was injured but I would imagine there was some major ass chewing going on after this one.

http://www.firstelectricnewspaper.com/2015/01/delay-expected-for-huntley-weber-world.html

post-13943-0-09076800-1420578297_thumb.j

post-13943-0-29432000-1420578317_thumb.j

• Like 2

When MEYER had the ready-mix trucks,the company equipped them all with back-up cameras.Don't know if Ozinger uses them or not. Either way,AHHH SHIT! Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA