Chicago R models

Yea I like wheny truck needs repair and the it gets slow then they bitch when it needs parts but when we re busy it runs every day I tell them the don't run for ever then need mantianace when I tell em I need grease tubes they wanna know what I'm doing with it I tell them grease and oil is cheaper than parts

Mackdaddy2030 If you are talking about the ATCA Macungie Show in June Fathers Day weekend it is a great show. Mack is the dominant truck line there, but plenty of Brockways,Autocars and everything else.A great flea market also with old truck parts not just toys and dolls. The only thing that could ruin the show is rain. Gerhart's in Liditz,Pa. started out as all Mack but now other brands show up but it still is mostly Mack. ATHS Show in York,Pa. should be a slammer also it is end of May. Joe D.

• Like 1

This is off topic, but I need a set of tires for a dump trailer. Have any of you guys purchased Rollcoo tires from the place in wheeling? They are the same price as recaps from pomps or tredroc. Is it too good to be true?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/4765727169.html

We ran a bunch of of knock off brands the last few years and figured out it isn't worth it. They don't last, they don't repair well, and they don't recap. When we were running a lot of them, it was because we needed to save every penny we could, and we still do, but the truth was that they cost more in the long run.

I thought it was an "all Mack" show, but as long as there are cool old trucks there I think it would be fun. Too bad I didn't have time to go to all of them, lol

Well if anyone from IL is thinking about going we should fig out about maybe all going together. I have a Windstar that would be good to take out there.

As for trailer tires, I've been spending the extra money and putting virgin steers on the trailers and they seem to work great. I'd have to look next week when I get back to the shop to see what they are. Can't really remember. I deal with a guy from Jack's tires, think it I'm Rosco. He just brings them down to our shop for us. For us doing mostly asphalt paving and cranking the trailers all over the place the deep tread and thick ply count works great.

Or like what I'm gonna do this year is take my virgin drives that are only 1 1/2 seasons old and put them on the dump and put new virgin drives on the tractor. I don't pull the dump that much anymore since I got the belt so fig might as well not put brand new ones on it.

We ran a bunch of of knock off brands the last few years and figured out it isn't worth it. They don't last, they don't repair well, and they don't recap. When we were running a lot of them, it was because we needed to save every penny we could, and we still do, but the truth was that they cost more in the long run.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will stay away from them.

• Like 1

You are correct there PeterMack! That was when we would show our trucks down at the Lyons Farm.Nice place but we had a problem after one of those "100 year rains",and they told us not to come back! Like we made it rain or something? Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

This is off topic, but I need a set of tires for a dump trailer. Have any of you guys purchased Rollcoo tires from the place in wheeling? They are the same price as recaps from pomps or tredroc. Is it too good to be true?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/4765727169.html

I tried the "off brand" game once myself. I bought a set of Aeolis drives that were a Bridgestone knockoff. They were $100 less per

tire and the salesman at Pomps was singing their praises, but they were crap. They wore out at least 50,000+ miles sooner than

the Bridgestone's and when I went to trade they didn't want to give me anything for them. Saved a couple dollars up front and lost

it all on the other end.

PeterMack. Always good to see r-models in work clothes. There are still a lot of them working in my area of Northeastern,Penna. As was said in another thread what you r area calls a 6 wheeler my area calls it a 10 wheeler or tandem. Joe D.

Ten tires, six wheels. If you call them a ten wheeler around here you get looked at kinda funny.

• Like 2