The latest addition to the family

It runs and drives great. The brakes are going to need some attention but other than that, it's awesome. Watts Mack hauled it back for us yesterday and today we fired it up and drove it around and it's great. The winch and PTO workes great too. It's a really cool truck and I can't wait to get the brakes done and start using it. You guys will most likely see this and our Two-Stroke Cornbinder at Macungie this year. :twothumbsup:

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Love to have one,but then there would be no stopping me from bringing more non moveable objects home.Good luck with it.Mike

Yep, that's what my mom said when we bought it. She thinks now that we have a way to haul stuff we will buy more stuff which may end up being true.

Ben

At first I thought that was a 750 Holmes, but then I saw it was only a single cable. I have a lot of experience on a 750 (double cable/winch) but none on a single cable, dont know how comfy I would be doing heavy truck recoveries or tows on a single hook.......Cars, no problem. Looks like it isnt in too bad of shape, good luck!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I'm not extremly firmiliar with Mack motors (four strokes aren't my thing) but this is the engine:

post-10909-0-42106200-1345911427_thumb.j

post-10909-0-09112700-1345911432_thumb.j

I assume that it's a Thermodyne but I couldn't tell you. If anybody can tell by the pictures, that'd be great.

Ben

Yup, END-673 Thermodyne,neat truck! looks to be in reasonable shape too!.........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

At first I thought that was a 750 Holmes, but then I saw it was only a single cable. I have a lot of experience on a 750 (double cable/winch) but none on a single cable, dont know how comfy I would be doing heavy truck recoveries or tows on a single hook.......Cars, no problem. Looks like it isnt in too bad of shape, good luck!!!!

You could run the cable through a snatch block then re-attach to the boom head if you were to weld a D-ring up there. I've heard of guys running a single line that way back in the old days because the tow bar would pivot better off the one line rather than two during tight turns.

Best of luck with it, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with it! Love the twin stacks!

I haven't gotten the chance to write to the museum yet but I'm definately going to. It's a B61LT so it was originally a tractor. It appears that somebody started with a holmes 750 and fabricated their own custom setup with one cable. It has a triplex tranny in it. I really like the stacks too. After the pictures were taken, we polished them up and they look like brand new. It's the only B model I've ever with dual 4 inch chrome straight stacks with rain caps. I love it. With no muffler, it's actually kinda loud but it sounds pretty good. I just can't wait to tow something with it.

Ben

It's a Holmes 600 Medium duty. It'll handle most tractors on a rear hook up. I would up grade to a medium / heavy duty tow bar and go over the cables for the winch and booms for frays, kinks or breaks. Wire rope for them is cheap insurance. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE