God was busy, so.......

41chevy

Excuse me, friends, this just goes to show you can do stupid/mean/annoying things in the name of atheism. And you can also do such things in the name of god. History shows us it's been done for thousands of years. Well my message would be just to try to be good to each other - if you see somebody that is stupid, try to forgive, maybe even understand. For example if you think this post is stupid - I take this possibility into account - would you be so kind as to forgive me, or rather try to hurt me some way? Taking it out on the weaker, how cool is that? Have a nice day

Paweł

Many times when I was taking action against a house of worship that failed to comply with the codes I would get the excuse of we're a church and God will look out for us. I would always reply "That's why he sent me."

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

In the " WAY OF ROB " I'll give you my view on the actions taken.

The comment was more ACLU. I assume that in Poland you do not have any Civil Liberty groups trying to "help". We have the American Civil Liberties Union who believes that if 30 million people like something and ONE finds it offensive... it must be changed so as not to offend that person.

As for being an Atheist... The Supreme Court ruled it as being equal to a religion of not believing in God. A true Atheist is more an Agnostic, who believes in nothing.

The ACLU is waging a war on Christians in the U.S.A. They have helped end (because it is offensive to them) The pubic display of crosses except at churches. Wearing a cross (not a Crescent of Star of David) where it is visible at public schools. Saying the Pledge of Allegiance (you can say it off school ground before class). Mention of Christmas, Christmas vacation is now Winter Holidays, Christmas Tree is now a holiday tree. You can have a Menorah, a Star of David or a Muslim Crescent but NO Cross or Nativity Scene. A cross at USMC Camp Pendleton only visible from Google or from the center of the base. A PRIVATE Catholic University cannot have crosses (except on the Church) in areas where non christians (who pay to go to the PRIVATE school) may see them and be offended. The USAF removed GOD from its motto because it may be offensive to non christians. The ACLU is now suing to have the crosses at all military cemetaries removed because the are offensive to non christians (BUT NOT THE STAR OF DAVID or CRESCENT). You need a special permit to have a christian prayer meeting in your home, but none is needed for Torah or Koran study groups. That is why the ACLU person deserved what he got IMO.

Thank You

BULLHUSK

Due to my Mild case of CP (Cebral Palsy )on my left side i cant serve my country but my 1 of my buddies who is like an older brother to me who served in The Marines for 10 yrs is sitting next to me @ the Kitchen Table right now & seen this post He Said & i Quote : "SEMPER FI !!!!!"

To those who have served to keep this country safe & protect our Rights : THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!!! From a greatful W.Tn Country Boy .

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME & GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!!!!!!!!!!

Later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Oh, I see. Well, friends, we won't agree on this one. Have a nice day

Paweł

We may not agree, but I for one respect your opinion. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I agree with you pal! i get real upset when i hear about that damn church that disrupts military funeral services (cant think of the name) but i know for sure i would'nt allow that to happen,whether they have a "right" to be there or not! peoples most solemm and private moment should not be made a mockery of,knowing your situation i'm sure you agree. They tried their shit at a service in Jersey before we moved,and the Vietnam Veterans Motorcycle Club ensured the family "that was not going to happen" on their watch,and luckily the local police agreed,and nothing happened......................just thought of it,westboro? baptist church?.....................................................Mark

When my brother would deploy, he knew if anything happened to him that those idiots at Westboro wouldn't show up at his funeral...and if they did make an appearance, they'd leave in body bags.

He's no longer active duty, though....enjoying life as a civilian once again.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Many times when I was taking action against a house of worship that failed to comply with the codes I would get the excuse of we're a church and God will look out for us. I would always reply "That's why he sent me."

Carl, about 2 years ago I had a problem in a church in my local where I am the FM. I was tipped off by a parishoner, a member of the VFD who filed an "anonymous" complaint. Chained exits, egress/exit lighting all inoperable, sprinkler system not inspected/serviced in several years, the list goes on. Biggest one of all though was the blocked exit in the main sanctuary- blocked by a piano. Did an inspection, list of violations issued with ample time to correct, except for the blocked and chained/locked exits which was required prior to the next occupation of the building. Following Sunday got a text message from Mr. Anonymous telling me that exits were still blocked/locked. Went over after services ended, met with the Pastor and told him his building was shut down until ALL corrections were made or citations ($1000 per day at x8 or 9 violations) would be issued. He says "God will protect us."

My reply: "Pastor when it comes to matters of protecting you and your flock from the ravages of fire, I AM GOD and I am protecting you. Move the Piano and have the properly functioning locking mechanisms on the doors before vacation bible school on Tuesday and I'll think about letting you open the building for occupancy and we can negotiate a time period for correction of all the other violations."

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Reminds me of an old joke....

A man caught in a flood prayed to God for help. While he was on his knees praying, a police officer came to the door and offered to evacuate him, but he said, “No thanks, Officer, I’ll stay here, God will deliver me” and resumed his prayers.

Then a person in a rowboat came by as the waters were rising, and the man said, “No thanks, I’ll stay here, God will deliver me” and continued praying to God for help.

The waters continued to rise and the man had to climb onto his roof. At last a helicopter came with a ladder and the pilot told him to climb aboard. He again refused, all the while sitting on the roof and praying to God.

Finally the waters covered him and he drowned. After he got to heaven he told God how disappointed he was that God didn’t answer his prayers.

God said, “What do you mean I didn’t answer? I sent a police officer, a rowboat and a helicopter; what else did you want?”

Just because you pray doesn't mean God is going to send angels with wings & halos down from the clouds to swoop in and take you to safety. He works through us and through those around us...like the police officer, the guy in the boat, and the helicopter....and if you refuse that help, don't go trying to blame God.

Just because the building happens to be a meeting place for religious folk...a "church", if you will...it is still just brick & mortar, timbers, tiles, and drywall. The building is just that...a man-made structure subject to the same calamities as any other man-made structure.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!