ATHS issues again?

Lmackattack

Im hearing that the ATHS is having some more issues regarding the leadership. anyone catch this?

something about the leaders selling off a donated Mack and changing how the ownership of the online fourms. I Hear this mess has cause some chapters to disband. From what the regulars are saying its time to vote out the leaders before they damage it anymore..there has to be more of this story?

Trent

Im hearing that the ATHS is having some more issues regarding the leadership. anyone catch this?

something about the leaders selling off a donated Mack and changing how the ownership of the online fourms. I Hear this mess has cause some chapters to disband. From what the regulars are saying its time to vote out the leaders before they damage it anymore..there has to be more of this story?

Trent

Let me say this: After several attempts, I've not participated in that organization for several years due to the structure of the leadership in place. Until it is changed, I won't change.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Old Time Trucks is good too, i've talked to them on the phone, real nice folks there and the magazine is as good or better than Wheels of Time.

How is Shirley doing these days?

Her departure was the berginning of mine. I was too new with involvement to know the underlying problems existing at that time. They seemed to have festered further as time progressed.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We have a local chapter here. Went to one of their all welcome shows with my Marmon. Was not only an unwelcome entry but had my truck critisized as below the chapter standards! Like their Pa and Va shows, not impressed with them as a whole.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Trent

I remember them selling off donated trucks in the past,Trent.But that was so they would no longer have to pay rent to the various museums or storage facilities, that house the trucks.That "rental fee" was a sticking point to a lot of members.The ATHS does not own a truck museum of its own.They do have plans to expand the KC,Mo. headquarters to include room for a few trucks. But I hear ya,anytime there is descention in the ranks,you can overthrow the current bunch in the next election! But you have to VOTE! I am not a fan of politics,I am a fan of old trucks! Anytime I feel that the politics is overunning the old trucks "mission",I get a little angry.We have too much politics in our daily life to let it screw up our hobby! ..........My 2 cents! :loldude:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

How is Shirley doing these days?

Her departure was the berginning of mine. I was too new with involvement to know the underlying problems existing at that time. They seemed to have festered further as time progressed.

Rob

I talked to her several years ago. I ordered an extra issue of the one the mixer was pictured in "Kicking Tires". They sent me the wrong issue so I called them, talked to Shirley and told her about getting the wrong issue, and she sent not one but 3 or 4 of the one I wanted plus extended my subscription, free of charge. That's good people.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I talked to her several years ago. I ordered an extra issue of the one the mixer was pictured in "Kicking Tires". They sent me the wrong issue so I called them, talked to Shirley and told her about getting the wrong issue, and she sent not one but 3 or 4 of the one I wanted plus extended my subscription, free of charge. That's good people.

Glad to hear she is still active. Nice gal she was. Her departure from ATHS was a result of problems coming to light now over there.

Rob

I'm told they are planning on selling the Wellington F model that was donate to ATHS. I had been stored and maintained by a club in New England, but they had no say in the disposition of it. They said if it was going to be sold they atleast wanted the money they put in to maintaining it and they would donate the money to another charity. ATHS said they'd give a certain amount, take it or leave it. They left it and disbanded their chapter. We'll see if the truck gets sold in May. It will be very disappointing if it does.

Mike

Damn... I leave (LOL) ATHS and the whole place falls apart! Guess I'll have to go back and straighten 'em out...
Back when we were both active participants on that website you never personally attacked, or decried anyone I remember. The "semi autonomous" ruling party certainly pulled that on you however numerous times. Can't say I always agreed with your opinions and wouldn't want you to say you agreed with all of mine if untrue, but open censorship is, and was actively pursued there so I wanted no part of it. I would openly admit the current administration of the organization needs to be ousted with a new leadership bent on serving the membership instated. Like diseased tissue from the body, if not removed and left in place, problems return no matter how dormant. This is what happened over there a few years ago and I've not been back pulling both my participation, and financial support for a hobby I am dearly respectful and sentimental of/for.

Rob

This is very interesting as I was a member also and brought my Mack and pickup to Metro Jersey show and couldn't even park my trucks next to each other something about some crazy rule and I saw everybody else doing the same thing I wanted to do. Questioned it and got yelled at. This was back in 05 or 06 I think. For wanting to support and be involved I didn't feel very welcomed.

Cheers, Rob

I have voted before, but all I knew about who I was voting for was whatever it said about them in a few paragraphs in the magazine, so I knew pretty much nothing. Guess you have to participate, or at least read the forums there to know people, and I do neither. I used to send them pictures from the ATHS shows I went to, but not anymore. Not bragging, but they were some of the best truck pictures on there, and they didn't even say thanks, or where the pictures came from.

I know folks here, you can get a pretty good ideer of people's personalities from their posts after a while.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I have voted before, but all I knew about who I was voting for was whatever it said about them in a few paragraphs in the magazine, so I knew pretty much nothing. Guess you have to participate, or at least read the forums there to know people, and I do neither. I used to send them pictures from the ATHS shows I went to, but not anymore. Not bragging, but they were some of the best truck pictures on there, and they didn't even say thanks, or where the pictures came from.

I know folks here, you can get a pretty good ideer of people's personalities from their posts after a while.

Prolly why everbody here disects, exploits, makes fun of my weaknesses, and picks on me all the time

Rob.

I just read the magazine, never felt welcome in the forums, can't post a picture without approval, they're too stuck-up for me.

I do not know where you got your info but that is absolutely false except maybe if you wanted to post a picture other than in a post like in the truck show section. That was controlled. I have posted many pictures there and no permission was ever required. I have been on different versions of that web site for 10 or 12 years. Michael Yarnall just posted a picture of his fire truck over there so he knows also. Just like here, there are many good people over there. ATHS is a family oriented group and no lewd language or pictures are allowed. That is their rule. What you post here is ok with me if it is ok with whomever controls this board but that is stated up front.

I will say that I enjoy the club and have met lots of new friends because of it. However I agree that they do over police the message boards. Im fine with keeping things very clean and safe for familys but they will edit anything that they man not agree with. if the mod thought that your post had little to do with the topic they deleted or edit it. I have to ask why if the post was simply a discussion about the topic.

I just hope this current change of events does not damage the club.

Sounds to me like maybe ATHS is having financial problems and thinks that micromanaging the forum is the solution. The strategy is failing- The forum takeover has probably already cost them thousands in membership renewals. And to make matters worse, li'l ol' GearheadGrrrl justed popped back up on the ATHS forums!