ATHS issues again?

Lmackattack

I do not know where you got your info but that is absolutely false except maybe if you wanted to post a picture other than in a post like in the truck show section. That was controlled. I have posted many pictures there and no permission was ever required. I have been on different versions of that web site for 10 or 12 years. Michael Yarnall just posted a picture of his fire truck over there so he knows also. Just like here, there are many good people over there. ATHS is a family oriented group and no lewd language or pictures are allowed. That is their rule. What you post here is ok with me if it is ok with whomever controls this board but that is stated up front.

I got that information when I was reading a story about long loads and steerable dollies one time. I was going to post a picture of a steerable dolly that was made out of a Mack truck but could not. I know there are many good people there, I know some of them. I never said there was not good people there, I said I never felt welcome,which is absolutely true.

And I do read the magazine, so I don't know how that makes me a liar.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I got that information when I was reading a story about long loads and steerable dollies one time. I was going to post a picture of a steerable dolly that was made out of a Mack truck but could not. I know there are many good people there, I know some of them. I never said there was not good people there, I said I never felt welcome,which is absolutely true.
This is absolutely true in my past experiences also. Many folks who participate there, but not here, I converse with regularly. It's all about old trucks and our hobby with me, but there is a "clique" over there I do not fit into well for some reason. I too never felt "welcome". There are some out there really into these old trucks that do not participate here as they feel the board is too much like a social network only. I agree with that but am very respective of their thoughts and values. It just doesn't fit everybody.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The ATHS is a great organization. I would not be a life member if I didn't think so. Some of the best friends I have I've met through the ATHS. I wish I could have met them decades earlier. I think it's so cool that when we all get together the years between us melt away and we all become the same age. (teenagers?) Many times I have mentioned that I was looking for a part and a few days later there it is on my doorstep when I come home from work. As far as the forum it is not what it once was. Mostly Peterbilt or Kenworth stuff, don't even think about posting about a Mack. Please don't judge the ATHS by the forum posters.

Edited by Mike Blais
  • Like 1

The ATHS is a great organization. I would not be a life member if I didn't think so. Some of the best friends I have I've met through the ATHS. I wish I could have met them decades earlier. I think it's so cool that when we all get together the years between us melt away and we all become the same age. (teenagers?) Many times I have mentioned that I was looking for a part and a few days later there it is on my doorstep when I come home from work. As far as the forum it is not what it once was. Mostly Peterbilt or Kenworth stuff, don't even think about posting about a Mack. Please don't judge the ATHS by the forum posters.

I have no plans to leave, as I do like the magazine and going to the shows in N.C. every year is something I look forward to and enjoy very much.

I'm pleased to read someone rate positive for them. My involvement has been solely based on the "online" crowd. When I was active there were many changes moving forth and some of these changes were "ramrodded" up the membership's ass's without recourse. This without doubt resulted in an exodus of membership numbers and a branding they have not been able to shake loose of.

I too enjoy the truck shows and have been to a few sponsored by the ATHS. I find most participants are good people, and like anything else, some not so good. It is usually easy to separate, and catagorize them. I, like anyone else develop a natural "turn off" when I don't feel welcome in someone's company, so usually don't repeat mistakes nor expect those to think highly of me. I never much cared for being criticized, or attacked for offering advice or guidance to help someone along in a restoration, or repair, and when this site became available, I engaged wholeheartedly in fostering it's growth into what it has become today. This for me personally has been both positive and rewarding; I hope our participants here feel the same and we continue to grow.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm pleased to read someone rate positive for them. My involvement has been solely based on the "online" crowd. When I was active there were many changes moving forth and some of these changes were "ramrodded" up the membership's ass's without recourse. This without doubt resulted in an exodus of membership numbers and a branding they have not been able to shake loose of.

I too enjoy the truck shows and have been to a few sponsored by the ATHS. I find most participants are good people, and like anything else, some not so good. It is usually easy to separate, and catagorize them. I, like anyone else develop a natural "turn off" when I don't feel welcome in someone's company, so usually don't repeat mistakes nor expect those to think highly of me. I never much cared for being criticized, or attacked for offering advice or guidance to help someone along in a restoration, or repair, and when this site became available, I engaged wholeheartedly in fostering it's growth into what it has become today. This for me personally has been both positive and rewarding; I hope our participants here feel the same and we continue to grow.

Rob

Well said. I feel the same way. I have nothing against the ATHS, just expressing my own opinion, which I stand by.

• Like 1

"(my 2.9 cents)"?

PBO says we have no inflation?

I thought the figure was a little low actually after adjusting for current inflation rates that do not exist........

Rob

Sounds to me like maybe ATHS is having financial problems and thinks that micromanaging the forum is the solution. The strategy is failing- The forum takeover has probably already cost them thousands in membership renewals. And to make matters worse, li'l ol' GearheadGrrrl justed popped back up on the ATHS forums!

Next time I get a ballot if GearheadGrrrl ain't on it i'm gonna write it in.

I have no long term knowledge of ATHS or ATCA, all I know is I love the magazines and I find myself checking the mailbox more than I used to.

The one complaint I have about both of them is that in December when my blushing bride for Christmas gave me memberships to both of them, I emailed both organzations and requested more information about state or local clubs. I never heard a word. So a month ago, I emailed them both again. As of today I have never gotten a response from either. From some of you clowns on BMT, I found out the contact info of whomever my nearest few clubs leader is and I emailed three or four of them. No response.

I have served on enough school board, boy scout, parish council, father son club, farm bureau, electric co-op and etc meetings to know that personalities make or break a organization sometimes and that all meetings should never be allowed to go longer than one hour. If you can't solve the problems in an hour, everyone needs to go home to their families and sleep on it. As far as forums, it does not get any better than right here.

Rob

I hear you ,Rob.That's everywhere.Someone will always be there to say,"thats not original",or something similiar.But like you said,you just tune that stuff out and proceed with the fun to be had! This IS a great forum and I appreciate all the information that most put on it.It's very helpful Thank you! :twothumbsup::clock_logo:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

And I do read the magazine, so I don't know how that makes me a liar.

i do not understand how you knew you could not post a picture. By the way, I did not call you a liar but I think you have bad information.

I have never made many posts and do think there is a clique there. If some people make a post there will be many responses but for other people there are few.

Fred

Edited by MHfred

one thing that started to gripe me over there was they would constenly jab Mack owners. Im thick skinned and can take a joke. but try to take a jab a Pete or KW owner and your post would be edited, the one way street attitude does not work for me. I have met alot of people from ATHS and most are top notch.I go to many shows and its always fun. Now posting pics is easy if you like to upload to a link instead of just seeing picture automaticly when the post is opened. They give the excuse that people are still on dial up. but how many are? 10%???...i feel they miss the bigger picture by doing this...

thats my.02

I have been a member of ATHS almost since its insception,and when i became comfortable enough to find my way around on a computer,i posted a request for some info on a specific Mack that i was trying to find out about (Bob Ecksteins RL-700) basically got no replies,no help whatsoever,which is what lead me to this site. I never really felt welcome as i do on here either. I mean Mack always makes a good showing in the magazine,but it seems there are those who don't want to hear about another "damn Mack" on the forums. I voiced my opinion on such,the posts that i made were edited,then deleteted,so i have'nt been back since! I do enjoy the print magazine,and still believe in the organization as a whole,not many others with such a vested interest in preserving truckings history. I hope whatever is wrong gets worked out!........................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've been on the ATHS site for 10 yrs, got to know many of the people from coast to coast. I've stayed out of the politics and been pretty happy. The typical Mack slams are a day to day thing and I don't let it bother me. I can sling mud with the best of them. Most of the common posters there are super nice people, though sometimes posts can come across wrong(typical for any forum). I had a bad run in with Aaron a few years ago(really pissed me off and I signed off. Had many, many people email me asking to come back), but have since met him in South Bend and have no issue with him now. He can come across pretty rough and once you know that you just learn to accept it and that you are on the internet and you need to put your big boy pants on.

I used to go to the ATHS site more as this site has always been A LOT slower for me to get on and negotiate(even with a new computer and good connection). I would not have been able to do what I have(on my truck) without the assistance I have gotten from the people on here or ATHS. I know the NEO chapter has many members that have issues with HQ and I wonder if this will stir the pot more? I don't think many of them are on the computer.

I'm going to ride it out and see what transpires.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

From some of you clowns on BMT,post-1374-0-60312100-1330793532.jpg ,I found out the contact info of whomever my nearest few clubs leader is and I emailed three or four of them. No response.

As far as forums, it does not get any better than right here.

Amen brother! (bulldogman)

This is a pretty good group we got around here; much better than others I've particpated with in the past. Tell all your friends with similar interests and experience to join us. All are welcome.

Rob

• Like 1

Sounds like ATHS leadership needs a refill on the medicine that they were given in Auburn In back in 2005

I do hope they can get straightened out over there.

Rob

This is a pretty good group we got around here; much better than others I've particpated with in the past. Tell all your friends with similar interests and experience to join us. All are welcome.

Rob

I will check with the circus when they come through this way again