Very Rare W-71T

Superdog

It's a real shame that you so-called truck collectors would rather let this truck sit out and rot, instead of letting it go for a decent price to someone who might actually do something with it. It seems some of you people are more worried about bending someone over on the price to make a buck, then actually preserving this wonderful piece of history. If I knew this truck would end up in this situation, I would have bought it a few years back, when it was offered for sale at $5000.00. At least it would be inside instead of rotting away in a field. Just my opinion

Are you talking about Superdog that started this thread? I sincerely hope you did not intend your post to put him down - he has single handedly save hundreds of trucks from the scrap heap and is an asset to the hobby with his knowledge and experience.

You admit you could have bought it years ago - well, he did buy it. It is his now - you are the one that missed the boat. If he wants to light it on fire, then it is his right to do so, he owns it.

• Like 1

Thanks Rob, Thanks Olivetroad. The great thing about the big truck hobby is that there is no overly queer judging, of trucks or their owners. A truck just pulled from a field gets as much attention as an over restored museum piece. It's mutual respect for all who enjoy the same interest at whatever financial level they can enter. Speaking of that, hey Vinny, have you been able to turn a wrench on your U during this vacation?

You very much have an open opportunity and invitation to submit your best offer so please take advantage of them; or remain mute. I don't like this type response and will not offer tolerance to using this website to openly attack, or oppose ideology contrary to your own concerning antique trucks, and/or their collection.

Rob

Very well said!

You very much have an open opportunity and invitation to submit your best offer so please take advantage of them; or remain mute. I don't like this type response and will not offer tolerance to using this website to openly attack, or oppose ideology contrary to your own concerning antique trucks, and/or their collection.

Rob

rob i was going to say something but i didnt. i didnt think it was very nice what he said.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Thanks Rob, Thanks Olivetroad. The great thing about the big truck hobby is that there is no overly queer judging, of trucks or their owners. A truck just pulled from a field gets as much attention as an over restored museum piece. It's mutual respect for all who enjoy the same interest at whatever financial level they can enter. Speaking of that, hey Vinny, have you been able to turn a wrench on your U during this vacation?

well, i made my maple leaves to go on the doors. we went to the local mack dealer and got some window channels. thats pretty much it. i will definetly keep you guys posted on the progress. but it might be slow and steady.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

If you sell it overseas your just like everyone else that keep giving our country away, I just think thats wrong cant even buy mack parts that are made here , just a shame !!!

know what you mean,,,bought side dogs,30 years ago,,,and thier made in china,,,WTF.bob

I recently purchased replacement metal hood latches for an R model, and a air shutter cylinder. Both produced in China but I have to admit, they do match the original(s) in outward appearance quality.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob

lol...you go getem rob,,,,bob

I recently purchased replacement metal hood latches for an R model, and a air shutter cylinder. Both produced in China but I have to admit, they do match the original(s) in outward appearance quality.

Rob

you know thats interesting you said that,,,cause ive ive had those dogs on my DM doors for 15 years,outside,,and they look like i just took them outa the box...bob

Are you talking about Superdog that started this thread? I sincerely hope you did not intend your post to put him down - he has single handedly save hundreds of trucks from the scrap heap and is an asset to the hobby with his knowledge and experience.

You admit you could have bought it years ago - well, he did buy it. It is his now - you are the one that missed the boat. If he wants to light it on fire, then it is his right to do so, he owns it.

Amen brother!..Bulldogman

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Rob

Here!! Here!! Ditto!!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Looks like you got the jockeys trying get a bargain so they can turn a big profit off of our hobby

Brian glad the tornadoes missed you the last couple of days were rough down there. do you still have your V8 B model. i met you a few years ago at Paducah KY, i think it was green had a 2 stick 6 speed. i was going to go to a show in New Harmony but never made it, do they still have any car shows there. Ron

Yes Ron I still have the B lucky for us we missed all the storms yes there is still a car show in New Harmony I think it is in Oct. we had our ATHS chapter show there a couple times before we disbanded great place to have a show lots of things for the better half to do and all within walking distance

• 7 years later...

Did anybody ever end up buying this rig or were you all too busy bickering over the condition that it's in? It's nice to see such a rare model still exist, and the price should be high so you know the person buying it has the dough to put into it, I'm sure it wasn't exactly in pristine condition when Superdog purchased it...

I wish they made more of this model actually, my dad really likes it, and he's a big fan of old LTs so this COE version he likes a good bit since he started out driving old CFs, and we just don't have them money to buy a decent LT or the money to restore one that may not be so great, let alone one of these rare Ws! Maybe one day after he finally retires or me or my brother strike it rich somehow...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

• 10 months later...