Very Rare W-71T

Superdog

I don't often sell one of my Macks,but I've had a few inquiries about my W-71T,so I've decided to offer it for sale.This is a rare chance to purchase a very rare truck.

VIN # W71T1156,it has a 200 Cummins diesel,5 speed trans.,with manual shift(2nd stick)2 speed rear end.10:00x22 steel budd wheels.Only 215 W-71's were built,less than 10 are known to be still around,this is the only factory built single axle tractor still kown to exist.Solid and very complete.post-61-0-40129700-1326991419_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-68927700-1326991523_thumb.jpg

I'm asking $20,000 OBO and might consider trades,either full or partial depending on what's offered.Additional pics will be available to SERIOUS BUYERS only.

• Like 2

GEEEEEEEES 20 g,s for that beater??? must be missing something...bob

Yep,$20K is where I'm starting.Guess I've always looked at things kinda different,but I've bought and traded for around 250 old trucks since I started collecting 32 years ago,and I always thought a good negotiation was part of the fun of buying.Also,it ain't something I have to sell,but like I said,I've had some inquiries and decided to see what kinda interest there really was.If I get no serious offers it's no big deal,but if it does leaves here,it's going to be at a price I won't be regretting selling it for.Sad part is that so far it seems all the money is overseas cause that's where the best offers are coming from.

That is a really neat truck. I would love to have it, but it is way out of my price range. It is really hard to set a value on a truck like that. I had someone call wanting to know if I wanted to sell my H613. I thought it over for a while. I don't know what it is worth in non-running unrestored condition. I know what I paid for it and that I wouldn't sell it for that. My father said tell him $15,000. I didn't think it was worth that much, but was afraid that he might so I told him I wouldn't sell it. It is very hard to put a price on these one-of-a-kind trucks.

A couple years ago I was trying to sell two old International fire trucks for a friend. I had someone from Australia who would pay the asking price and send someone to get them. The owner didn't want them to go that far. I did sell them to the great International heaven in Canada, but I got a couple thousand less than the asking price and they still didn't stay in the US.

Mike

• Like 1

If they are going to someone that will restore them, even overseas, at least they are being saved and there is a chance they could come back someday.

If they get parked in the weeds to rust and fall apart, they will never come back (same as if they were sent to africa and never maintained)

That is a really neat truck. I would love to have it, but it is way out of my price range. It is really hard to set a value on a truck like that. I had someone call wanting to know if I wanted to sell my H613. I thought it over for a while. I don't know what it is worth in non-running unrestored condition. I know what I paid for it and that I wouldn't sell it for that. My father said tell him $15,000. I didn't think it was worth that much, but was afraid that he might so I told him I wouldn't sell it. It is very hard to put a price on these one-of-a-kind trucks.

A couple years ago I was trying to sell two old International fire trucks for a friend. I had someone from Australia who would pay the asking price and send someone to get them. The owner didn't want them to go that far. I did sell them to the great International heaven in Canada, but I got a couple thousand less than the asking price and they still didn't stay in the US.

Mike

Like you said,it's real hard to price something like this,and if it was something I had to sell,the thing to do would be auction it and let the bidding set the price.Grandpa always told me it better to start off high when you're selling something,you can always come down.I kinda figured I'd get picked apart when I posted this,as that seems to be the current fad,but if that gives some guys enjoyment,guess that's fine with me.But it is good to see some of us think alike.

Mike Don't sell that H613. I want to see it all fixed up and on the road again. I think that is a very very cool truck.

Superdog. You own the truck and you set the price. If the market does not see it that way, then it stays with you. Only 10 of these left. That is really something

• Like 1

Yep,$20K is where I'm starting.Guess I've always looked at things kinda different,but I've bought and traded for around 250 old trucks since I started collecting 32 years ago,and I always thought a good negotiation was part of the fun of buying.Also,it ain't something I have to sell,but like I said,I've had some inquiries and decided to see what kinda interest there really was.If I get no serious offers it's no big deal,but if it does leaves here,it's going to be at a price I won't be regretting selling it for.Sad part is that so far it seems all the money is overseas cause that's where the best offers are coming from.

oh ya,,,if you can get any where near that,,,all the power to ya,,,and its a crying shame,,,that overseas shipping,,and scrap metal seems to be the best results

Like you said,it's real hard to price something like this,and if it was something I had to sell,the thing to do would be auction it and let the bidding set the price.Grandpa always told me it better to start off high when you're selling something,you can always come down.I kinda figured I'd get picked apart when I posted this,as that seems to be the current fad,but if that gives some guys enjoyment,guess that's fine with me.But it is good to see some of us think alike.

Personally i think 20K is a fair asking price for a piece of Mack history,whens the last time anyone even SAW a W-Model? i thought they were kinda neat,and ahead of their time There is a guy on youtube with a restored sleeper cab W-71 which is a really sharp truck,and if you watch both videos,he says he has turned down $200.000 for the truck! and i just dont see the logic in picking apart something as rare and complete as this one is. My thinking is better restored,even overseas,than in a scrapyard here,just my .02...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 1 month later...

Probably a good price, but in the long run I think you'll end up being sorry you let it go. I know that's how I am. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I don't often sell one of my Macks,but I've had a few inquiries about my W-71T,so I've decided to offer it for sale.This is a rare chance to purchase a very rare truck.

VIN # W71T1156,it has a 200 Cummins diesel,5 speed trans.,with manual shift(2nd stick)2 speed rear end.10:00x22 steel budd wheels.Only 215 W-71's were built,less than 10 are known to be still around,this is the only factory built single axle tractor still kown to exist.Solid and very complete.post-61-0-40129700-1326991419_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-68927700-1326991523_thumb.jpg

I'm asking $20,000 OBO and might consider trades,either full or partial depending on what's offered.Additional pics will be available to SERIOUS BUYERS only.

I'm with you Superdog, don't sell the truck unless you get your price!! If it were me, I would keep her for a few more years and hopefully things will get better (money wise) in the USA!! That RL700L that I bought last year, I believe is the only RL left with the V12 Detroit, the owner has one just like mine but they put a E9 500 Mack V8 in her, I think there are 2 steel ones left one is junk and the other one is a real nice one!! Good luck either way my friend!!

BULLHUSK

I'm with you Superdog, don't sell the truck unless you get your price!! If it were me, I would keep her for a few more years and hopefully things will get better (money wise) in the USA!! That RL700L that I bought last year, I believe is the only RL left with the V12 Detroit, the owner has one just like mine but they put a E9 500 Mack V8 in her, I think there are 2 steel ones left one is junk and the other one is a real nice one!! Good luck either way my friend!!

BULLHUSK

That is kind of like my 1693TA Cat powered truck. Of the few found to be built, I have had every single VIN run through DOT computers and the only RL755LST truck/tractor with an active VIN resides in my shop. I don't know if the others no longer exist, or are out of the country operating someplace else. Mine is still original with all major components intact.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That is kind of like my 1693TA Cat powered truck. Of the few found to be built, I have had every single VIN run through DOT computers and the only RL755LST truck/tractor with an active VIN resides in my shop. I don't know if the others no longer exist, or are out of the country operating someplace else. Mine is still original with all major components intact.

Rob

I like the sound of those old 1693 cats. Ron

Probably a good price, but in the long run I think you'll end up being sorry you let it go. I know that's how I am. Paul

I've pretty much decided I'm going to keep it.Although I did get a tempting offer,like Paul said,I knew I'd regret it later.Good news is that I did manage to sell a '46 Chevy 2 ton,'50 Chevy 1/2 ton,'46 Studebaker 2 ton,'72 Ford F750,'53 Ford car,and an old GMC panel truck.Got room and cash for some more Macks,now.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's a real shame that you so-called truck collectors would rather let this truck sit out and rot, instead of letting it go for a decent price to someone who might actually do something with it. It seems some of you people are more worried about bending someone over on the price to make a buck, then actually preserving this wonderful piece of history. If I knew this truck would end up in this situation, I would have bought it a few years back, when it was offered for sale at $5000.00. At least it would be inside instead of rotting away in a field. Just my opinion