Pictures of the Week

other dog

yep,  I run it locally to haul stuff...  I do have 2 other really good daily drivers, just dont stack up miles on them, and I can drive them to California and back with no worries..  Old Blue on the other hand,,,,,,  :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

yeah,,,  I dont know how to use my new phone,,,  never mind,  I have already lost my patience...   

i have had my "new" phone for close to two years now, and my grand daughter is still trying to teach me how to use it. 

i can not master the copy paste, or scan no matter how many times she shows me. 

same with the laptop. people have tried for years to show me how to do a screenshot. still cant do it. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

9 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

yep,  I run it locally to haul stuff...  I do have 2 other really good daily drivers, just dont stack up miles on them, and I can drive them to California and back with no worries..  Old Blue on the other hand,,,,,,  :( 

are toy trying to insinuate "ol blue" keeps your mechanic skill on top of their game?   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

yeah,,,  I dont know how to use my new phone,,,  never mind,  I have already lost my patience...   

I have a brand new I  phone 15 and I don’t think it works very good if nothing else not much better than my 8+ it does some weird things auto correct don’t work worth a shit

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

i have had my "new" phone for close to two years now, and my grand daughter is still trying to teach me how to use it. 

i can not master the copy paste, or scan no matter how many times she shows me. 

same with the laptop. people have tried for years to show me how to do a screenshot. still cant do it. 

These phones do hundreds of things these days, but most of us can’t figure out. I do not know how to crop either does the  old lady.

19 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Same here. I drive a 2018 exploder, but it is still under warranty for another 40k miles or 4 years.

The two other cars and 2 of the trucks are over 45 years old, and the other two are diesels.

Mentioned we had to do $4500 repair on ours I was mistaken. Wife said that was two different things. One was like 2200 water pump and then they went ahead and changed something else while they had it apart after checking with her

and the other one was 90 K service. Made more sense to me.

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

Mentioned we had to do $4500 repair on ours I was mistaken. Wife said that was two different things. One was like 2200 water pump and then they went ahead and changed something else while they had it apart after checking with her

and the other one was 90 K service. Made more sense to me.

They did water pump and new exhaust on mine at 63,000 miles under warranty. Didn't cost me a penny

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

copy/paste/scan !!!!; heck I can't figure this 15 phone I have which I didn't want at all .. had a I-6 (i think) worked good enough for me. this 15 phone I have to make sure  not in skives while attempting a "send picture in text. ". find myself on camera mode not picture file. won't even discuss this auto spell business. 

I want my old flipper phone back!

No it did not have internet access, but at least it worked any time I made a call.

This new one I have to double check auto correct(which  can't turn off), and even after double checking it stillchanges words when I hit send.

Like in my comment to jo jo.

It was SUPPOSED to say are You Insuniating ole blue, not are toy insinuating 

42 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

No it did not have internet access, but at least it worked any time I made a call.

This new one I have to double check auto correct(which  can't turn off), and even after double checking it stillchanges words when I hit send.

flip phone back !!; heck I want a real phone like my parents had ;; black with rotary dial , sat on a phone table with a phone book.  didn't know there were so many "Drs"in this state ;; everyone carries a phone . must be on 24 hr call. I spent 20 yrs on 24 hr call - did it without a cell phone. I did get modern after a while I had a beeper. then found a phone booth to return call.

I have a 13 Mini and before that I had a 5 that I used for 8 years. I might downgrade to a flip once this 13 is wore out because it doesn't look like they'll be making anymore small phones.

I'm the young skinny guy and I have to do all the crawling around under stuff so a small phone is a must. 

• Like 1

The flip phone l wanted to keep would fit in a pack of regular cigarettes. But we had to move on to a newer larger one. 122 PDF pages of instructions with the new one! Four phones in the house, a princes and three rotaries.    .....Hippy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brocky said:

Mech, I do NOT want my parents phone back!!!! Hung on the wall with a crank on the side... Phone number 28Y22 which was line (12 to 15 party) 28 and our ring was 2 longs and 2 shorts!!! All calls to another line had to go thru a live operator, who knew everybodys business!!!!!  

I still have just a flip phone as have not been able to learn hoe to use a smarter than me phone.

parents # was TU (xeto) 6202. only 2 or 3 party line. now put this picture in your head=== the young kids of today with rotary house phones and ALL the phone cables dangling behind their cars. or better yet them having to sit at home and use a house phone. LOL

57 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

i tried explaining to verizon wireless that i work in secure facilities where no cameras or computers are allowed, and their answer was sorry we no longer offer plain phones. only stupid phones (as i call them)

i see they now offer a phone only again. guess too many people complained

I don't know when you tried, but when I needed a rugged phone I found a flip phone that was rugged and could be ordered with or without a camera for secure locations. Most at Verizon had never heard of the model, said it didn't exist, but I pushed until I found someone who did know and get what I wanted.

They want to sell what they stock, not what you want.

• Like 2

it was a few years ago. they did not sell any flip phones at the time. 

i had to stick with verizon as they were the only cell carrier that had service in some of the areas i worked. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, tjc transport said:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo same shit brand new phone auto correct sucks..and most times my text message alert doesnt work.plus verizen are thieves,,,as soon as im off the road work,,,,im dumping them..bob

I know Verizon has flip phones now because friend has one.  He can't use anything else.  He was trying to use an old analog version until they finally sent him a new phone.  I can text him information but he won't reply.

My newest android kinda sucks.  My older ones were better but maybe because it doesn't have all this crap to make it worse? Ya, autocorrect sucks!!!  I'm fighting to just type this and have to say what I typed.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Larry, i found the old flippy fones were 2 or 3G at best. that is why they work so good. the now stupid fones are 4 and 5 g. and the more "G"'s the make them seems the sheitier they are,

and yes i know they now offer flippers again. but my new job requires that i keep the stupid fone. 

I had an android Motorola was my first smart phone. I think . That thing worked a lot better especially with the voice text. Latest iPhone cost me close to $1000 and I really don’t think it’s worth a shit iPhone 15. I think my 8 plus actually works better. I only upgraded because I was starting to have trouble with the touchscreen. I thought OK well I’m still making good money. I might as well get rid of the old one. Also big Verizon is a big rip off. They don’t even give me any discounts or freebies anymore.