Pictures of the Week

other dog

On 4/26/2024 at 12:48 PM, Brocky said:

Mech, I do NOT want my parents phone back!!!! Hung on the wall with a crank on the side... Phone number 28Y22 which was line (12 to 15 party) 28 and our ring was 2 longs and 2 shorts!!! All calls to another line had to go thru a live operator, who knew everybodys business!!!!!  

I still have just a flip phone as have not been able to learn hoe to use a smarter than me phone.

i can remember my mom crying about our party line in the early 60s,,,also one of our drivers just retired at 77,,,he also only had flip phone,,,and company went to paperless check stubs,,and he couldnt even check his pay,every week because he didnt own a computer either....bob

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 6:15 AM, tjc transport said:

Larry, i found the old flippy fones were 2 or 3G at best. that is why they work so good. the now stupid fones are 4 and 5 g. and the more "G"'s the make them seems the sheitier they are,

and yes i know they now offer flippers again. but my new job requires that i keep the stupid fone. 

i kicked and screamed over first cell phone forced on me by old lady,,,,same thing with first computer,,,,help me out joey,,,,back to subject..bob

• Haha 1

Bob, I buy my Motorola Droids for $150 from Amazon.  I don't buy through Verizon, that is a ripoff.  Same phone, 2023 version that they want $700+ over 2 yr contract.

The more crap they put in these phones, the slower they are no matter what "G" they have.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yeah, Larry, you probably read where I said the Motorola I had at first was absolutely wonderful. The only reason I bought another one is because the battery started slipping and batteries plus wanted like 60 bucks to change it no warranty but yes, I really did like the phone and there was nothing else wrong with it. I still have it.

6 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Bob, I buy my Motorola Droids for $150 from Amazon.  I don't buy through Verizon, that is a ripoff.  Same phone, 2023 version that they want $700+ over 2 yr contract.

The more crap they put in these phones, the slower they are no matter what "G" they have.

Oh Gee ;; what next 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 2:43 PM, mowerman said:

I had an android Motorola was my first smart phone. I think . That thing worked a lot better especially with the voice text. Latest iPhone cost me close to $1000 and I really don’t think it’s worth a shit iPhone 15. I think my 8 plus actually works better. I only upgraded because I was starting to have trouble with the touchscreen. I thought OK well I’m still making good money. I might as well get rid of the old one. Also big Verizon is a big rip off. They don’t even give me any discounts or freebies anymore.

The best and most durable phone I ever had was a Motorola flip phone.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

22 hours ago, Mean Green said:

How did this go from a cool international sleeper cab to cell phones . Tommy you better post us some good progress pics to get us back on track !!

I wish I could, but it's kinda in limbo right now. I took the carburetor off and cleaned it as best I could, but it still won't run unless the choke is nearly closed. Checked and rechecked and checked again for vacuum leaks and found nothing. I'm going to take the carburetor back off tomorrow and send it to a carburetor fixing place.

Dragging wagon told me I needed to start at the gas tank

Messenger_creation_c28f564b-6a52-4aca-afbd-771f472a831e.thumb.jpeg.20e148296ef95a5d832c58a1180238e2.jpeg

and go to the carburetor, so that's where I'm at now.

PXL_20240423_202903894.thumb.jpg.11c1b001f3e5bdedb222e63df348f5b6.jpg

• Like 2

did you remove the main jet and ream it with a torch tip cleaner or a wire or what ever?  

No, I cleaned the needle and seat and cleaned out the float bowl, and sprayed 2 cans of carburetor cleaner everywhere, that's about it. The top came off easy, but I didn't go much further taking anything apart because I was afraid I'd tear the gaskets. When I found a piece of debris between the needle and seat I thought sure I had solved the problem.

• Like 1

can you fill the bowl with rubbing alcohol, then run the engine till the bowl is dry? 

yes, I’ll definitely be going back to them next phone. Thanks for that Larry. I think that was what I was using when I took your little video clip…..bob

12 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

did you remove the main jet and ream it with a torch tip cleaner or a wire or what ever?  

To me it sounds like he still has an air mixture issue. A buddy of mine told me that he wound up buying these little tiny drill. Bits from Amazon for such matters. Good luck, Tom.

the super tiny drill bits work well for number of projects. I have many  which at a hobby shop or on line you can get the hand held drill bit holders. I    have 3, one is a 0-. it goes to 0 lock  the smallest bit made. works excellent on hand drilling model front axle king pins also . as Joey stated a torch tip cleaner  is even better. variety of micro sizes and stronger. will clean carb ports ; unlike a tiny drill bit which may cut in to a port side wall,

Joey is probly right ther is probly a hole plugged somewhere if you dont know its there you dont know its plugged also check the fuel like make sure its not pinched anywhere neighbor has a ford truck had to always had to use the choke found when somone put an engine in they had pinched the fuel line 

• Like 1

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

Main jets..  can use carb cleaner with the little red hose as a jetter and flush it out.

Ha ha that’s good thinking Tom broken stud you would just be digging a deeper hole. That’s really weird. Let’s hope it works…. Bob

• Like 1

Two common reasons you see long studs: 1 is for a non metallic spacer to isolate the carb from the cast iron manifold to prevent heat from the engine transfering to the carb, the other is when a flow governor is used between the carb and intake.

Since yours has the Holley Centro-vac gov, heat transfer  is the likely reason. should run a lot better with the non-metered air kept out!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geoff Weeks said:

Two common reasons you see long studs: 1 is for a non metallic spacer to isolate the carb from the cast iron manifold to prevent heat from the engine transfering to the carb, the other is when a flow governor is used between the carb and intake.

Since yours has the Holley Centro-vac gov, heat transfer  is the likely reason. should run a lot better with the non-metered air kept out!

I took it off and looked at those studs, as seen in the first picture, and it just dawned on me that they looked awful long. And I had never noticed before. On the front side it has that plate that goes across both studs for the linkage from the governor, and it was probably enough for it to tighten up anyway.

PXL_20240423_195354358.thumb.jpg.12883120cfea3ad12f31461a2ebb1d02.jpg

But when I noticed the studs Monday morning, I measured the carb. flange, measured the studs, took one out, measured again, set the carb. back on, looked at it, scratched my head, and thought "why in the world did this not occur to me at first?".

And the previous owner too for that matter, it's a wonder they didn't catch it. He told me- after I had already bought the truck of course, not at first- that it would only run with the choke partially closed, and that tells you right there that SOMETHING isn't right.