Baltimore Bridge accident

Freightrain

3 hours ago, Red Horse said:

FWD

Thx for the radio info.  Explains it all.  I saw another clip that said they declared a Mayday with just 90 seconds before impact so quick action on PD in stopping traffic when they did was huge-no cars went in water just the poor souls working. Had this been a DOT crew they probably would have had radio contact but contractor crew-doubtful.

thanks for that...too bad about the hired hands...bob

On 3/26/2024 at 8:48 PM, Joey Mack said:

And is it true that JB has already said the the Gov... (Us) will pay for the whole reconstruction?  Really..? Shouldn't Singapore and the shipping company be on the hook?  Too much too fast here..  it is starting to have a bad smell...  

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lloyds-london-sees-multi-billion-083924519.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-28/lloyd-s-of-london-sees-claims-in-billions-for-baltimore-bridge?srnd=homepage-americas

• Thanks 1

Well the bullshit is flying for sure..all the "bad news that means higher prices"....

They talk about "Months" for the port being shut down.  I saw an interview with a guy from the port authority.  He said a 500 ton-yes 500- heavy lift crane will be on site Saturday.  The wreckage is localized.  The immediate need is to open the channel and they don't have to even remove everything-I would think just get it pulled aside into the shallows along side the bridge.  Smit Salvage is a huge company based in Holland also with equipment in Houston.  would not surprise me if they were underway yesterday.  It would not surprise me if the channel was opened in `10 days.

Then anyone see the genius from one of the "elite" schools?  Guy had a heavy euro accent but he said words to effect.."not a problem, we have other east coast ports and also big ports on west coast".  Guess what...any thing going through an east coast port is sourced through that port because that is what the distance  from the source for outbound or the distance for the destination of inbound goods makes Baltimore the most economical port.

Bottom line the biggest disruption will be the loss of the bridge to vehicular traffic..but the Port will be operating very soon..again my uneducated guess.

So Sleepy Joe, you can stop blaming bad economic news on this tragedy.

And KSC, you might be right on a an electronic hack but I would bet lousy fuel or bad fuel system maintenance will be the cause..can't imagine the filter system on a huge marine diesel is as simple as a Ph-8 Fram😎

• Like 2

It's not only fright and cars coming out of the PoB. There is alot of heavy equipment moved thru there also. Another You Tuber l watch often. Cat machines coming from China.    .....Hippy

• Like 2

J.B. say's that We, the U.S. taxpayers are going to pay for this, as well as the immediate statements about the impact on our economy, and so on....   Where was he when the train crashed in East Palastine Ohio???????  it wasn't in hour '1'...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

didnt he drive big rigs over that bridge to get to England ?  

Nope he was driving them over it on his way to Africa, not england.

• Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I stand corrected..  Thanks TJC...  I certainly dont want to spread wrong rumors..   :) 

• Haha 1

interesting how they claim "the largest crane barge on the east coast" is on the job.

the Left Coast Lifter is almost twice as large. with a 1929 tons lifting capacity compared to the 1000 ton chesapeake 1000 they are calling the largest on the east coast.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

this is what Dem's do, to distract from the truth, and win votes..  its a terrible plan that killed 6 illegals..

• Sad 1

Oh, by the way, don’t forget fellas all this cheap shit we’re forced to buy now is going to cost more. You know they’re going to jack up all the prices on all the imports still feel sorry for those hired hands working on the bridge but again their families will be rich soon Still doesn’t bring them back … bob

On 3/28/2024 at 10:36 AM, Red Horse said:

Well the bullshit is flying for sure..all the "bad news that means higher prices"....

They talk about "Months" for the port being shut down.  I saw an interview with a guy from the port authority.  He said a 500 ton-yes 500- heavy lift crane will be on site Saturday.  The wreckage is localized.  The immediate need is to open the channel and they don't have to even remove everything-I would think just get it pulled aside into the shallows along side the bridge.  Smit Salvage is a huge company based in Holland also with equipment in Houston.  would not surprise me if they were underway yesterday.  It would not surprise me if the channel was opened in `10 days.

Then anyone see the genius from one of the "elite" schools?  Guy had a heavy euro accent but he said words to effect.."not a problem, we have other east coast ports and also big ports on west coast".  Guess what...any thing going through an east coast port is sourced through that port because that is what the distance  from the source for outbound or the distance for the destination of inbound goods makes Baltimore the most economical port.

Bottom line the biggest disruption will be the loss of the bridge to vehicular traffic..but the Port will be operating very soon..again my uneducated guess.

So Sleepy Joe, you can stop blaming bad economic news on this tragedy.

And KSC, you might be right on a an electronic hack but I would bet lousy fuel or bad fuel system maintenance will be the cause..can't imagine the filter system on a huge marine diesel is as simple as a Ph-8 Fram😎

Week's is on the way ......We have a local Friend that's a Engineer for them say's it was on a Job in NYC and traveling down it was in New Haven a month a go for the Sennaboggen  build at GT-port...

• Like 2

Ed

15 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

Another great video from "Whats going on with shipping" just posted four hours ago. Plenty of info and links.    .....Hippy

This guy, Sal Cogliano is the best...don't waste your time listening to the typical news "reporters"

• Like 1