Pictures of the Week

other dog

16 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Sorry for the starter fail. I guess the truck is automatic. Could be push started if it's a stick. And even driven for a few days that way just by parking on a grade.

Also nice to see the progress over the new place. The BBQ shed looks well built. And I really like the squirrel. It's seldom to see one with a water hose.

It has a four speed in it, but I couldn't get up enough speed to push start it. The parking lot was too flat, I only managed to get it from one parking spot to the next. I thought maybe that might at least unstick the starter, but it didn't. Neither did tapping it with a hammer. Come to think of it, I better check to see if the engine locked up, maybe the starter is good. But the starter acted like it was hanging up once before though, then it finally started, and it hasn't happened since, until yesterday.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

3 hours ago, other dog said:

It has a four speed in it, but I couldn't get up enough speed to push start it. The parking lot was too flat, I only managed to get it from one parking spot to the next. I thought maybe that might at least unstick the starter, but it didn't. Neither did tapping it with a hammer. Come to think of it, I better check to see if the engine locked up, maybe the starter is good. But the starter acted like it was hanging up once before though, then it finally started, and it hasn't happened since, until yesterday.

I see you didn't surrender without a fight. Self fixing is not only a money save but a huge time save in many cases. Not always though and we can't go beyound our possibilities.

I guess the issue was the starter. Or even just the control power supply to it. If the engine was stuck and the starter was trying to force it to spin you would hear a click and observe extreme drop of voltage in the instrumen cluster. 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I see you didn't surrender without a fight. Self fixing is not only a money save but a huge time save in many cases. Not always though and we can't go beyound our possibilities.

I guess the issue was the starter. Or even just the control power supply to it. If the engine was stuck and the starter was trying to force it to spin you would hear a click and observe extreme drop of voltage in the instrumen cluster. 

Well, I hope it's the starter, but... I tried to turn the crank pulley with an adjustable wrench a while ago and it would not budge. At all. I'm going up there tomorrow with some tools and a breaker bar and see if it'll come unstuck.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I'm beyond that kind of work anymore.  I paid the few hundred bucks to have it all done for me.

Larry, I am with you.. At 78 and a big ole beer belly, my joints just will not let me crawl under and over vehicles to work on them..

Brocky

I'm glad y'all said that- I'm the same way! I told Zina I'd rather pay somebody else to work on that truck than be up there laying on the ground taking the starter off. But I might though, just to see if the starter is even the problem.

• Like 2