The nerve of some people...

RowdyRebel

8 minutes ago, High Binder said:

I stopped an ask an older gentleman if he would consider selling an old truck. After a lengthy conversation, he said "Do you know how many people stop here and talk and ask to buy that truck every week"? "If I sold that truck, nobody would stop, and I wouldn't have anyone to talk to me." He died the next spring, old house torn down, and truck scrapped, I heard.

Ahhh   happy thoughts  (lol)  .    I think we're all guilty of asking about something someone has no intentions of parting with. 

• Like 1

Never hurts to ask dad found a chevelle guy had it out side his garage and said he didn’t want to sell gave it a few months and guy called him said bring a trailer I’m ready to get rid of it

• Like 2

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

There was a guy at Macungie and 5 or 6 years in a row he would ask me to sell him the F.W.D. Firetruck. Every year I would explain the sentimental value of it and that I would never get rid of it as long as my body was able to maintain life. He would always say "C'mon, I'll give you $10,000 cash right now, I just have to transfer the money!" Finally after the 5th or 6th time I finally told him to FO. I guess that got through because I never heard from him since. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

1 hour ago, RowdyRebel said:

I live a little way off the main road, and nobody really has any need to drive around past my house. Where the Mack is parked (and with other vehicles parked in front of it), it's not exactly the most visible from the highway. Quite frankly, the only way anyone would get close enough to it to know they'd be interested in buying it is if they were somewhere they didn't need to be. I tend to get a little pissy when folks I don't know come snooping around to see what I may have sitting out. Hell, he's lucky he caught me in a good mood so he didn't get to stare down the barrel of my .45. Bottom line, if you don't have a good reason to be on my property, don't be on my property.

I get the invasion of privacy part. You have to remember though, in this day and age there's all sorts of a hole things like Google Earth and all those. You wonder how people find out stuff.  Nothing is private anymore.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Onyx,,   too funny. My wife thinks Danny is a creep too..   But for some reason, I feel like he might be a really nice guy..  anyway...   Happy New Year..  jojo

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Onyx610 said:

Don’t forget that bandana wearing creep from counts customs. He was always doing that shit or hanging out the window yelling to pull over.  

Oooooooooooo You mean the 40 year old phony rockstar literally seems to know it  all …????????? Bob

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

You can Blame al those American Picker style shows on reality TV. For all the Numbnuts coming in trying to do you a  Huge Favour by lowballing you on something you have no intention of Selling..

I put a 6 foot high metal fence up so they Can't see anything from the Road..

Ahahahahaha so far you beat everyone your post was absolutely hilarious…. Like wait a minute,,,, chump, you do realize I’m not  even thinking of getting rid of it … beat it!!!!!! Lol.. Bob

5 hours ago, Mean Green said:

Never hurts to ask

Too True, I've bought my share of Jun  Collectibles this way..!!!

Though I always do some research before calling. so as not to offend anyone.. Too much ..

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Yes, but clearly rowdy’s  truck was not visible. I see why he was pissed off and yes.Clearly a sniffer that’s wants it for nothing  I did put a note on 64 MGB one time next time I drove by there. Note was gone. Guy never called. I got the message…. Bob

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Too True, I've bought my share of Jun  Collectibles this way..!!!

Though I always do some research before calling. so as not to offend anyone.. Too much ..

I found a toro zero-turn mower that way. saw it in neighbors back yard. walked over and asked when he was outside using another zero turn. "tires are always flat when i need it" I was told. short version ;I paid $800.00  for a 60 in zero-turn with rear bagger system ($3000.oo option) .put another $300.oo into it :: $25.oo for can of green slime, not $250.oo for new tires. tire haven't lost air yet. $1100.oo for a machine worth $8-9 K. some times it pays to stop and ask.

• Like 2