B-21 Fire truck

1 hour ago, MorrisMe said:

Rebuilt the fuel pump, and had to remove the oil cooler, it needs rebuilt or replaced.  Cleaned the oil pan out, flushed the cooling system, back up and running.  Runs super nice and man is it smooth running.  drove it around the house today and received a full Armstrong steering workout.  This is one amazing rig, torque at 600rpm is incredible, (I only needed the throttle for the sound ha ha), brakes are working good, pump is up next.

I ended up buying the twin sister truck as well, so now I have to go bring it home.  It appears to be in even better condition than this one.

"twin sister" ?????

17 hours ago, Draggin Wagon said:

Mark,

Please send sn of second one when you can.  Is it by chance the one owned by guy I told you about?

This is B-21F10009, originally sold to Seattle Fire Department and sold in 1992 to the guy i bought it from.  He bought both of them and took them home, now they both moved to my place.  This one (009) was fully restored in 1980-1981 according to records from the Fire department and has some upgraded feature like the air brake lock, tail lights, and some other minor things.

So far the brakes are holding pressure, an releasing, it moved a couple inches, rocking it with my truck, should be able to move it this weekend.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:34 AM, MorrisMe said:

Yeah, i couldn't leave it behind.  I am now the proud owner of two Mack B-21 Fire Apparatus pump trucks, both 09, and 10 same build up.  I haven't brought the second one home yet, that will probably be this weekend.

20221209_152643.jpg

As long as you have the 1st truck in much nicer condition I would try keeping the 2nd one in the as is condition if I were you :) Looks like too much of labour to bring it back to life but it's looking cool with these greeny spots! Sure just a thought.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 12/2/2022 at 1:25 AM, MorrisMe said:

Says Mack fire apparatus Sidney Ohio.

In 1956 Mack Trucks bought the C.D. Beck Company of Sidney, OH. Beck built buses and also Ahrens-Fox fire apparatus. The new A-F cab forward chassis became the Mack "C" model fire truck. Mack built both the "B" and "C" model fire apparatus in Sidney until late 1958 when fire apparatus production was moved back to PA. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brocky said:

If the Mack Museum is back in business after the Covid $h!t they can provide you with the complete build sheet and a lot of other info.. They are non-profit so it helps to send a donation with your info request.

I have try'ed them but they are not on line?