B-21 Fire truck

13 minutes ago, 609albert said:

the  Hall -Scott  where used for high pumping ability because a Mack engine in that time period was not large enough, used mostly on the west coast fire depts..

I HAVE A 1954   LS85  Mack 750 gpm pump but if a dept ordered a Hall -Scott because of the larger engine the hood is actually 11'' longer

Seems like a saw a Mack fire truck at Dennis Mehan's place one time with the Hall-Scott engine.  DEFINITELY had some extra nose on it!  Very noticeable!

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Send a request to the Mack Trucks Historical Museum through their website with the information from the tag.

They have an amazing set of records - the fire truck section has hundreds of thousands of blueprints.

I am not sure what the wait time is right now but is will take several weeks to get a complete package on your truck.

No charge - donations accepted

Edited by phildirt
  • Like 1

yes and for some reason,,,this thing has really got my attention....it would look right nice in my driveway,,,,its like a barn find,withoutout the barn.....speaking of which i saw around a 59 edsel  on a trailer a few days ago...and thats what this thing looked like car was immaculate looking but very dirty,,,like it had been inside somewhere for a really long time....bob

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 609albert said:

was the Fire Body built by Mack in Allentown Pa.? are you on the west coast or was it original  to a west coast fire dept.or co. ?

Not sure but I recall seeing something, I'll check and let you know where it was built. It was delivered to Seattle and lived there until 1987, we went to the fire department today and received a bunch of data on the truck.

• Like 2