B-21 Fire truck

engine turns over but the starter is not engaging, so I get to start there with this one.

Found a bunch of new / rebuilt / spare parts for this under the seat, great treasure hunt lol.

Also discovered that the Mack Dogs for the sides of the hood are much larger that the standard B model Mack dogs?

I found a new old stock set of hood "Dogs" for a model B,  but they are way to small to fit the hood.  Does anyone know where I can find the correct emblems?  Are they specific to the B-21 or did they come on other trucks as well?  I would guess that they are about 2" bigger then the ones I received.

Well number two is also up and running, although after about two minutes of running I blew a oil line.  My son did take a "startup video" of it and when he gets it finished I will post it.

Ran beautiful and smooth once it got fuel.

Anyone know which Dog emblem I need to buy to fit the hood?  I purchased some B-Model dog emblems for the hood but they are too small and angled up, the hood outline of the Dogs are standing flat and about 2" bigger.

no 010 6 (2).jpg

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 4:57 PM, Draggin Wagon said:

Wonder why they have a u-joint half way down steering column? Guess steering box is mounted further forward than B20 thru B60s?

Hell I didn’t even notice that I was too busy pissing myself over that perfect looking steering wheel lol bob

I never realized that they did both the fender extensions and the extended radiator shell to fit that huge Hall-Scott in there. I always thought it was just the radiator shell, but I've never seen one in person or close ups pics of one. Kind've like using B73/75 and B71 parts to fit it in there. I know a Cummins is 6" longer than a Mack engine, so maybe the Hall-Scott is about 12" longer?

• Like 1

Hall Scott is pretty big (one of that model anyway)  I've only ever saw one in real life.  It was big ,  sorta like big bore Cat in some respects.  An impressive looking engine somewhat like it was ahead of it's time or something.  I bet as far as length , an E7 would fit where the Hall Scott would.

ya want to talk about funny looking engines in trucks, the bosses father has a big peterbilt triaxle with a tiny cat 9 liter in it. ya open the hood, and where is the engine??

than ya look down between the frame rails and see some yellow.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..