Can you guess

My question to all of you is can you guess the price of a 1964 b873sx tractor,way back in 64?As I was going through the paper work on this truck that my father purchased new back then,I came across the original bill of sale,chassis delivery receipt,motor vehicle purchase order.I was somewhat surprised at the price.Pretty much everything back then was an option even a heater and defroster,which it has.It has the Cummins motor and most all of the other options.So have at it boys,I will post a picture of the original bill dated 5/27/64.

B4CEBEC3-65DE-44E5-B3BE-0FA6EA694095.jpeg

reading the specs closer ; seeing the sliding 5th wheel and wet line hoses with specs saying all the options(cummins); I'd say Mark T your closer. the welded on hubdometer to axle cap brings back the memories. did a lot of them to O&G trucks when they were new back "72  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

a nice toolbox to be cremated in with a lock on it so no one can dump the ashes  and use an air hose to clean out the "dust"  LOL😄

Lmfao! Don’t get us started again! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

I've been laughing about that ALL  day. have to be good tonight and not go off topic like i did yesterday LOL

Lol! Me too, and I’m coughing now like the guy blowing the “dust” out of the drawers from your comment about the prize. 😂 

• Thanks 1

I think they were a lot more pricey than we think. I remember a guy saying his W900 with bunk in the early 1970s was around $70,000. I bet this B873 in the early sixties was well over $50,000 especially since it has a vendor engine. My official guess is $52,000.

• Like 1

I was only thinking that amount because I’ve seen some costs of trucks  back then and I equated it to buying a house back then.

Think about it, you’re young and starting out. Buy a house or buy a truck? Hopefully, the truck would allow you to buy the house in short order. That was a huge amount of money back then.

• Like 1

Any throughts on the b61sx that were purchased at the same time?I have the serial’s numbers for those trucks am going to check the Mack register to see if any of them are still around.There was a fellow that had one he said right around the corner from our old yard,never got over to see the truck and I lost his contact info.I have a picture of one of the trucks when it was new,looks like a real beast.If I find it will post it here.

35 minutes ago, Mark T said:

In all the years that truck was in service, would you have ever thought Mack wouldn't make trucks like that some day.

Mark,the truck was in service up to 1996.It was used to pull the lowboy from new to 1984 daily after that it was a backup to the 2 dm800 tractors we had.In all the years of pulling over weight loads it never failed us.

• Like 2