Can you guess

10 minutes ago, Vmac3 said:

Just wondering??

What year did Mack convert to diesel powered engines or were they always diesel?? I never really thought about that.

V

I THINK it was in the late '30s when they actually built their first in-house diesel engine.  1938 maybe?

Of course, they continued to build gas engines LONG after that.

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel
  • Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I had the "pleasure" of trying to get around on of UPS's propane powered KW's on I-77 / I-81 up around Wythville VA with my 23,000lb  Dodge 3500 and 32 foot trailer.. You would have thought he had a 238 Detroit.. VERY slow on the up hill and a maniac downhill trying to make up the time creating a total traffic cluster f**k!!!!!!

Brocky

1 minute ago, Brocky said:

I had the "pleasure" of trying to get around on of UPS's propane powered KW's on I-77 / I-81 up around Wythville VA with my 23,000lb  Dodge 3500 and 32 foot trailer.. You would have thought he had a 238 Detroit.. VERY slow on the up hill and a maniac downhill trying to make up the time creating a total traffic cluster f**k!!!!!!

Don't be so tough on the guy, he was likely moving a load if I Phones or something like that so people can get more information faster about all these fantastic ideas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The charmin pampers factory up from me has three gas wells on their property, before I retired the toyota forklift dealer I bought parts and lifts from just got an order from charmin for 100 natural gas powered forklifts. I see most all the class 8 tractors shifting trailers are natural gas fueled. They had a turbine installed to make energy after the first well was up and running.

ok,,  I used to drive for Schnieder out there..  mid '98- late '99...   I really liked the 'Endless mt. region'  ..  Thats all for me,  NO knowledge of fart powered trucks..   :)