The very Last B model made seen at the 2022 ATCA in Bethlehem CT

• Jamaican Bulldog changed the title to The very Last B model made seen at the 2022 ATCA in Bethlehem CT
48 minutes ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Does any one know what is the difference between a B57 and B61? 

Somewhere on here, there is a chart showing the different dimensions of the different models.  And, in general, the B50-series will be lighter (GVWR) rated than the B60-series.  B70- and B80-series are even heavier.  B20- and B30-series are the lightest.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

18 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Somewhere on here, there is a chart showing the different dimensions of the different models.  And, in general, the B50-series will be lighter (GVWR) rated than the B60-series.  B70- and B80-series are even heavier.  B20- and B30-series are the lightest.

That makes sense. However, tri-drive on a lighter series truck????, I'm missing the logic there. 

3 minutes ago, Licensed to kill said:

That makes sense. However, tri-drive on a lighter series truck????, I'm missing the logic there. 

I was thinking the same because this B57 seemed speced heavy. Even the frame looked heavier than most B models I have seen. Looked like  b81 frame.

That is a Hendrickson. It was a really busy suspension and in all actuality ??? it didn't articulate very well.  Usually if you got that set up it was 3 17,000 pound Timkens . They'd have 6 wide base tires as opposed to duals .  It was sometimes used in mixers (or dumps) and B53s were a fairly common choice for a mixer chassis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, james j neiweem said:

If I remember right the B-57 was a heavy speced truck for concrete trucks. Again if I remember right it offered a frame which was the for runner of the DM. I think I remember this info from somewhere on this site.🙂

It looks like in the pictures the outter rail drops in front of the drives and the inner liner stays the same.....like a DM ??

• Like 1

14 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

If I remember right the B-57 was a heavy speced truck for concrete trucks. Again if I remember right it offered a frame which was the for runner of the DM. I think I remember this info from somewhere on this site.🙂

That does sound familiar.  I'd say the tri-axle setup was to lower the weight per axle so it didn't sink in soft ground.  3 axles float better than 2.

• Like 1

One of my books shows a tri-axle B53S. The caption says “Mack introduced the B53S concrete mixer chassis in 1963. This tri-axle version became available that year and incorporated many weight-saving features.”

They also show a B576S all-wheel drive mixer.  

The 50-series seemed targeted at that mixer market, didn’t it?

4E16ADE9-3731-43C0-953E-C169BCE601D1.jpeg

311233A6-9413-41AA-B7DB-D9A657D5D870.jpeg

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel
  • Like 2

trans P T O  to hyd pump to rear pump drive motor operating the chain and sprocket. trucks sure look tough and built for the part.. NO plastic . bet they eliminated the front pump drive to make room for the air conditioner !!!!!  LOL 😁