Another "new" truck

On 6/8/2022 at 2:26 PM, mattb73lt said:

Really cool early find!! Are you doing a full restoration or just a preservation?

At this point just a preservation. It is really complete so if we can get it running it should be drivable for parades, shows, etc. It is really beat up. A full restoration would be a lot of work!

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 7:59 PM, mowerman said:

Excellent have a ball with it…engine stuck doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t free it with lots of mystery oil snd tapping on the pistons I’ve done it before good luck  Bob

We're working on that! Pan needs to come off as there are some rust holes in the bottom due to condensation(I hope). Oil looks good it it and not overfull. Fingers crossed.

Great find! A rare beast definitely. Congrats on the purchase!

Speaking the engine I would pay attention to what firetruck guys have in their old Macks.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 6/8/2022 at 4:24 PM, fjh said:

Nice Find Bro! Can't answer your question either ! But ! I always wondered why the up draft carb was invented and used so much! seemed back in the day up draft was the thing to do!

Ive wondered if that was not to keep fuel from overflowing and running into the engine?  Something along those lines?

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

3 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Yea there is old iron literally laying around everywhere over here. Everybody’s garage or old barn has stuff sitting in it. If you take secondary and rural roads through just about anywhere in the States you will see stuff sitting everywhere. Kind of sad in some ways and kind of good in other ways I guess.

Not everybody but there is quite a bit. The sad part is when it is left to rot into the ground 

• 1 month later...

I had occation to measure a bc engine looking for a cylinder head for a CF engine in a BM truck The head bolt pattern front to back measured the same but the BC engine was 1 inch nerrower measured across the block  than the CF engine. The CF is a 414 CU" engine so my quess would be the BC would be aprox 350 CU".You are very fortunate to have a pristeen EX manifold.

Up draft carbs were most likely used so as to have gravity fuel flow to the carb. All gas powered tractors had their tank above the engine and of cource the Model A ford with the tank in the dash.

• Like 1