Shop Talk

Onyx610

16 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Mech,,,,  Probably because you were a "Reel to Reel" kind'a guy... :) 

10-4 on the reel to reel.  age factor takes place when a cassette (picture) is new compared to the "modern" 8 track which was great. LOL . almost think my first vehicle had stone wheels and hole in floor to use your feet to make it move. 

• Like 1

with a torch??? 🤣

i can just barely make a straight line with the plasma cutter anymore. 

35-40 years ago i was very good with cutting torch, but than i got the plasma cutter and have only used 2 bottles of oxygen in 35 years. 

in the past 10 years i dont think i have fired up the plasma cutter but one time. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Exactly.  How many times would you clamp something along by the cut to follow as well .  I wish I could do stuff like that...... but I think I'll stick with wearing my ropers instead of sandals .   I forget where I was watching one of those videos and they were throwing the wires over the ones on the poles for the welding (lol)   

27 minutes ago, Mark T said:

Seriously....how many guys can cut like that with a torch ?  Guys are very talented.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that torch work. I can’t cut anywhere close to that nice with a plasma cutter. I like there method of “spot welding” too. 

• Like 1

whole video was amazing . totally impressed  with the welding. haven't seen a weld where the flux curls up like a scorpion tail  in years. wonder what else goes on there not being shown? LOL . don't think inner frame rails were tensile steel watching the small drill go through. 

If you go through to the end , other videos come up you can watch if you choose.  There was one a guy was doing some kind of frame repair.  He was cut'n, grind'n ...weld'n....little more grind'n.  Went on to say the total repair cost $170.00 .