Shop Talk

Onyx610

in 2017 i paid $21,000 for my 2014 F250 4X4 with the 6.2 gas engine. i used it for 5 years and put 50,000 miles on it when the dealer offered me $26,000 for it in trade on the exploder.

the truck at it's best got 9 mpg around town (under 45mph) and 15 on the highway the one time i had it over 50mph.. cruise set at 65 for 260 miles.

the exploder gets 19-20 mph around town under 45, and 30 on the highway cruise set at 65. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Never check the mileage on the explorer, but we really like it my wife has it considering a new bronco but we both agree they’re a little too small it’s just the two of us the two small dogs but still I prefer a little bit more room although I do like the way the new broncos look

You guys are nuts....  I love it..  Really though,,. I am Po! My wife wants a new,,,, everything,,,, so I have to pay h my stuff together so I can go to work..  :)

When the weather is better, I have to replace my GasPack and my water heater..  Then all of my appliances and electrical will be 5 years old or less..  

• Like 1

I was going to start on the interior but I have been anxious to start working on that nose. It’s been hit and fixed numerous times. I can’t wait to start tackling it… after 28 years it will be a good incentive to get it, cleaned up and painted to finish the rest of it. Bob

2 hours ago, mowerman said:

Ooooooooooooooo forgot to mention just ask the old lady I made a smart ass what she calls uncalled for  remark 10 years ago to a family member. I still hear about it to this day. (GEEEEESUS) get over it. Lol

possibly it is in "their" pattern. your defiantly not alone in the hear about a screw up 10 yrs later. have gone out to get something to eat and I hear "remember we came here (6-8 yrs before ) and you had ---- to eat  and were  wearing ===- ! " I look at her and say: is that what you tie up your brain cell with ? LOL. and yes I get the crap of my "screw ups " from yrs past. I don't make any points by responding; my biggest screw up was saying -I do!!😁

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

Ooooooooooooooo forgot to mention just ask the old lady I made a smart ass what she calls uncalled for  remark 10 years ago to a family member. I still hear about it to this day. (GEEEEESUS) get over it. Lol

So, aren't you going to tell us what the smart ass uncalled for comment was?

• Haha 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

21 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

SP135 might be same one I had; it was more than 22 yrs ago. I had a small carry on bottle of gas. that's the machine i attempted to weld  a stainless crack INSIDE customers milk tanker. after carting all the stuff through top man hole cover, strattling  what water was still inside so not to electrocute  myself; the first arc filled the tank with smoke as the welder started on fire.  have you ever changed the liner in your welder?  tips match wire size ?  no welding helmet ;; at least a pair of dark sun glasses I hope. the sentence of " laying on my side to weld this sent chills down my spine. I was under a truck on a saturday welding a rear end banjo when spark went down left ear. the crinkling burned. dumb Polack not being tooo bright went back Sunday to finish job= had to be running for monday am. did he (me ) cover his left ear = Nope. what are the chances of doing it again- same as a winning lottery ticket: except I did it again same ear. that's why it doesnt hear good. make sure my wife sits on my left side . LOL

I had a welder shock me one time, almost 50 years ago. Not a small shock, a "knocked me down and gave me a nose bleed shock". I was working in a garage and a guy brought a lawn mower in to be fixed. The frame was cracked around all the bolt holes where the motor bolted to it. I had some little small rods (stick welder in those days of course) and I welded up all the cracks, ground the area around the holes flat, then laid flat washers over the holes and was welding them in place. I put a new rod in and as soon as I touched the electrode holder with the rod it knocked me flat on my ass. Don't know why, it hadn't done it before, never did it again. I got up off the floor, found my glasses, and it did cause my nose to bleed, but that was the only injury.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

mrs mower DOES NOT creep this site.

she does however pay certain moderators to divulge secrets told here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..