Shop Talk

Onyx610

45 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Hmmm,,   and I thought you got 'Hearing A.I.D.S.' from,,,  Listening to A-Hole's??  🤣

that only happens if you live in charlotte mecklenburg metro area.  :whistling:

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Hey, happy Saturday fellas TJ do you remember I don’t know if you are on here yet somebody wanted to store an R model  water truck over here a few years ago I tell them no problem I got plenty of room I can’t remember who it was. Do you remember??? Bob

1 minute ago, 70mackMB said:

01GS159PZRWYDMVAT4WX4QV0BE.jpeg?w=960

nothing at all. they are saving the planet by driving an electric car. .....
the fact they have to charge it with a dirty polluting generator is not a problem. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

You fellas might want to get a kick out of that. California is always sucking energy out of Nevada and this is the place that wants  all electric cars by 2030 get this our new governor just told California to pound sand and find thier own  energy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Yeah the 5.9 is pretty much bulletproof.

Pretty much everything except for the "killer dowel pin". Its a real thing. A place I used to work at a long time ago had the exact same setup truck. 12V 5.9 with a Spicer 7 speed. That stupid dowel pin wiped out the timing gears and the front of the engine. It had less than 50k miles on it. I think it was still worth enough to them they put a reman engine in the truck. I would pull your timing cover and see if yours has been addressed already and if not fix it. Its a very easy job and like a $50 part.

4 hours ago, 67RModel said:

Pretty much everything except for the "killer dowel pin". Its a real thing. A place I used to work at a long time ago had the exact same setup truck. 12V 5.9 with a Spicer 7 speed. That stupid dowel pin wiped out the timing gears and the front of the engine. It had less than 50k miles on it. I think it was still worth enough to them they put a reman engine in the truck. I would pull your timing cover and see if yours has been addressed already and if not fix it. Its a very easy job and like a $50 part.