Shop Talk

Onyx610

Idk if you have neighbors, but if you do and power went out for a while you could charge a hook in fee and tell them they need to supply the fuel. Something along those lines haha

• Like 1

I wish I could supply the neighbors but I live in a rural area and you have to cross roads to get to any neighbors and ya it will wet stack with not much load it did come with a load bank but I don’t have any way to use it it needs cooled

If your going to be a bear be a grizzly

17 minutes ago, Mean Green said:

Here’s the generator I have for the house 150 kw 3306 cat came out of a hospital caught fire on the head bad wire or fuel line or something  sat in our yard for years and caught it before it went for scrap its overkill but I only have like 300 bucks in it

253B7F27-D5AB-4CEE-AE1D-1C3D20C063A3.jpeg

Wow, who cares if it’s overkill

On 3/25/2022 at 8:20 PM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Got a cohort that rides Norton 850 Commando.  Love those Nortons!

I'll  dig around and see how much I had in that lift.  It wasn't much.  I think the 4 trailer jacks were the most expensive part of it.

Norton's are awesome. !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

30 bucks worth of spray oil to loosen the bolts?????????????wow looks to be in pretty good shape to have a frame so rotted....nice going bud im outside myself today,,,,going bananas gotta do something outside today not bad started off 14 degrees but now sun shining bright and its 27  bob

Man thats some serious rot, I believe those trucks were notorious for serious frame rust issues. Alot of people love those trucks and swear by them. The older ones like this one anyway. 

The frames for the Tacomas were know for this issue.. Unfortuneatly, I didnt learn about the re-call till 2 years after it expired.. I bought this truck in March of 2001..  It took me through hell-ashous snowstorms in Maine til I moved to N.C. in 2005..  The road salt stayed inside the boxed frame.  It rotted from the inside-out...  I read that the frames were made in Japan, and were not coated with a protectant for long term storage. So when they were shipped to the U.S. they sat, and the cancer started in storage until the trucks were assembled..  Anyway,  I will just keep patching it..  A new frame is around $3,000.00..   My City Job paycheck cant afford it, :) ..  

• Like 1

Is amazing how some vehicles are bad for rust, even dry salt free parts of the world like Australia 

Reckon a lot of vehicles had rust fitted in the factory in the late 70s early 80s

Dunno whether the steel and tin used was sub standard but cars of that era had rust holes within a few years, even Jap Datsuns and the like were junk 

Paul 

KIMG1595.thumb.JPG.361df729cc4c1b73d13c534dcd04cd37.JPG

Well, I got my truck back together..  My work is not pretty..  If I had a lift, new metal, and better welders,  I could have done a bit better..  I had a bunch of scrap steel on my rack and used what I had..  Kinda low budget work here..  But!!  when I test drove it I took it on the bumpyest road near me, and there was not one single creeking sound or cracking sound like it used to do..  My guess is it will last at least 5 more years. maybe by them I will find a good frame, and just swap it out..  I was reluctant to post pics because my work looks crappy. on the otherhand, this is my reality...  🤣 

KIMG1589.JPG

KIMG1592.JPG

KIMG1597.JPG

KIMG1598.JPG

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 2