1 hour ago, Brocky said:

This brings back thoughts of Vinny from up on the St Lawrence River valley of New York State.. I wonder how he is doing with his grandparents, pick ups, and girls????

That's who I thought of, too.

Shame those aren't R's...

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I need to ask my parts guy from Peterbilt about them.  He works a half mile from this yard, he worked at Albany Mack through the 90's and early 2000's.  The MB and a couple U's up front haven't moved in 20+ years.  My step-grandfather was always looking for parts and trucks for us and nothing was ever for sale here.  For years I thought the MB had a for sale sign in it, not a keep out sign.  They are still in business and have some CH's and Visions hauling freight.

I find that very odd get involved with the dames and completely blow off the site …. I have been into the offset  models since I was a young teenager at 65 I still like them not sure what happened to him I get the chick angle still doesn’t make any sense to me to completely disappear ha ha … I am guessing Mack’s were just a passing phase for him bob

• Like 1

Bob, I know he was in an unhappy home situation and his Grandfather was helping him restore The U model.. Possibly his grandfather passed away and the whole project went down the drain?? He was only 16 when I met him at Macungie several years ago. If Mike Harbison has a Facebook connection with him maybe Mike can remind him to stop by here with an update???

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

3 hours ago, 70mackMB said:

OH the Horror!!  MB Lives Matter!    .....Hippy

I was hoping to get another picture the same day.  Less than 1/2 mile away from this yard is an APA MB tanker being used as a yard fueling truck, unfortunately it was behind a bunch of PODS in its yard.  There is also the RC Cola beverage body MB I posted a pic in the Junkyard Macks for sale listing, but it is pretty rough.

The front standing U-model in the #5 picture has a decorative grill of a kind R's had installed on a CMCAC and it looks untypical to a U. Were there any U688 or U690 with chassis mounted aftercoolers produced or that grill appered there just by ocassion?

Yes, Vinny is always on my mind when a U-model shows up by any chance.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012