2 hours ago, mowerman said:

My 87 U model had the same grille .. I believe it had an aftercooler  it was a 300 4 valve… Bob

Thanks, Bob. You answered that exact matter I was thinking about. For some reason I supposed U-models went off production earlier, in the late 70's or so and were never fitted with 4V engines. So that grille looked too modern on that truck on my mind. With what you said all the ducks are in order.

Hmm... interesting. Turns out U-models should have two different hood lengthes. A short version for pre-CMCAC and 2 inch longer for the later ones. Same as for R's.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

It was an old Macdonald restaurant delivery rig …,, golden state foods it was white when I bought it with the Golden Arches on the air shield …,: some if you fellas might know of them…I had Oakland ca Mack dealer paint it for me they did an amazing job on the paint ….. Bob

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NJ TRUCK said:

I think I remember this company in a post on here years ago, hard to believe these trucks are still sitting there.

Wow, you're absolutely right.  Exactly 10 years ago.  Titled "couple pics for Vinny" of all things.  They've devolved a bit since then.  The 2 that appear only as bushes today on Satellite images had buckets on the stacks 10 years ago.  The place was a bit more active back then and it seems there are even more there today.

is this yard still active, or is it all locked up? 

i wonder if it is a bankruptcy, or government impound thing? 

a friend lost his brand new two week old peterbilt back in the 80's when red ball express went under. the feds locked and sealed the terminal and refused anyone entry for close to two years.  

the fact he owned it and was parking there as a contract driver did not matter. it was in the terminal, and became government property. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

25 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

the fact he owned it and was parking there as a contract driver did not matter. it was in the terminal, and became government property. 

Which country are you talking about??:blink:

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

Which country are you talking about??:blink:

It happens here too Vlad.  Big government is in control everywhere and they're trying to make it worse for everyone here now.  No, this is still an operational business, just with stubborn ownership.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hans Remmers said:

It happens here too Vlad.  Big government is in control everywhere and they're trying to make it worse for everyone here now. 

To my stupid understanding if De Jure you're right democracy should steer the things the right way.

Seems like our world is far from perfection at any place.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 8:09 AM, Brocky said:

Bob, I know he was in an unhappy home situation and his Grandfather was helping him restore The U model.. Possibly his grandfather passed away and the whole project went down the drain?? He was only 16 when I met him at Macungie several years ago. If Mike Harbison has a Facebook connection with him maybe Mike can remind him to stop by here with an update???

Last time I saw him was in Macungie, might have been the same year. He was holding one end of the bigmacktrucks sign in the group photo, I'm sure that's posted here somewhere.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

38 minutes ago, other dog said:

Last time I saw him was in Macungie, might have been the same year. He was holding one end of the bigmacktrucks sign in the group photo, I'm sure that's posted here somewhere. I have this one, and everybody's names, 2017.

mac17DSCN9564n.thumb.jpg.5de0b8ba92a53417581ebba7cff5a92f.jpg

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 weeks later...