Sweet looking spokes..

I have only seen chrome Dayton rims on a couple of trucks and they have always been from Australia. I LOVE the look with the Mack hubcaps and this is what I was planning for my B61 but alas, I could not convert the rear axle that I am using to Daytons so I am converting the front to hub pilot Budds instead. The cost to chrome the Dayton rims was..............painful (quoted $550CAD each) compared to new Alcoa's for $350CAD. 

1 hour ago, terry said:

maybe i am missing something, what is so strange about the way the front wheels are attached to the spokes?    terry:MackLogo:

Well normally the the outside of the rim fits flush with the outside of the spoke,this looks like the inside of the rim is flush with the outside of the spoke, but how?

Funny you ask,  no. Those were just regular 12 and a quarters. I did have beauty rings on them at one time.  That truck in the avatar was inspired by another RW from Canada that had chrome  8.25X24.5s on it and aluminum budds on the steer. His was an awesome truck, he put a ton of money in it and it looked great...and he used it. He swapped the 44s out for 58s and had the chrome rims on it. I didn't have pockets as deep (lol)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

definitely a beautiful piece of machinery  . parade fire trucks don't have wheels that nice. set up to go directly to a museum' i'd be afraid to drive it and get the wheels dirty.

I’d be afraid to even mount them on the spokes..lol

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hans Remmers said:

Changing subject here, but I've never noticed the headlights mounted that low in the fender before.  Were all Aussies like that?

Now that you pointed it out, it looks like the fender is taller. Note the hood latch as well   seems the Australian trucks often have the cab higher from the frame and then something done with the hood to accommodate that 🤔  whatever it is, that's a pretty good looking Superliner

14 hours ago, MACKS said:

A little strange the way the front rims are attached to the spokes tho,at least to me..

They have a Different  offset to the normal rims like these Rims..

Mack Superliner | John Flynn | quarterdeck888 | Flickr

• Like 2

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

3 hours ago, Hans Remmers said:

Changing subject here, but I've never noticed the headlights mounted that low in the fender before.  Were all Aussies like that?

That's a Series 2 Superliner... From Memory the Australian design rules (ADR) on headlight height changed..

Mack Superliner Rw613 For Sale in Australia | 1 Sales | TruckWorld.com.au

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

That's a Series 2 Superliner... From Memory the Australian design rules (ADR) on headlight height changed..

Mack Superliner Rw613 For Sale in Australia | 1 Sales | TruckWorld.com.au

Yeah the Superliner 1 has the same headlight and fender design as its American counterpart.  In all the pictures of Aussie trucks I've seen I never realized the Superliner 2's had lower mounted headlights as is apparent even in the Bicentennial edition you just posted.  I think the pinstripes on the white truck just made it stand out.

37 minutes ago, mowerman said:

I think you fellas are not getting the fact that there tubeless rims now no more lock rings different design definitely real sharp but too much money….. paint is a lot cheaper ha ha.. Bob 

Yeah I guess there the wide rims for the big float tires like the ones in the picture Hayseed posted,and yeah I use rustolium mag wheel paint in the rattle cans,holds up great..