MR688S frame work

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong PTO and hydraulic pump either got ordered or were delivered. Correct ones had to be ordered, looks like beginning of April this thing should be done.  Parts were about a 3 week delivery schedule, and they need about a week to install and run QC on the mixer to complete the project.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got pictures.

Flew out to Iowa yesterday, picked up the truck and ran around town getting the "hope I don't need this" Kit they don't let you fly with.  KIMG0746.thumb.JPG.815382f89f26db88df34bc27a598ad03.JPG

In the factory's yardKIMG0748.thumb.JPG.e0f5b911aeafac34f665c3e8b0af4e8f.JPG

On the side of Interstate 74 near Knoxville, IL.KIMG0752.thumb.JPG.ba1e1a1d6fa8c148b68d3cbb33c5149e.JPG

Shout out to mobile mechanics like our own @Joey MackMack, they keep truck's rolling!  We stole a lift axle tire for the drive positions, took the lights out then bent/beat the fender into submission, put the lights in and he wired it back up!  License plate is now in the cab, it looks like shit!

• Like 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Controls are mostly ok, minor damage to (very easily replaced/fabricated) brackets holding the levers. Truck will get our steel diamond plate fenders pretty quick. I knew these chinsy aluminum ones would be a problem, was just hoping it wouldn't have been this soon!

• Like 2

In the suburbs of Philly there's a barrel truck company in every town. Guys with trucks like ours run 1-2 trucks to cover the smaller stuff the barrels do a poor job handling.  Out in your neck of the country things are probably pretty well spaced out.  Barrel trucks would likely lose a load before they even got to their job.  

• Like 1

It's home, have to sort out some paperwork with PennDOT. We added a lift axle and tried to up the GVWR.  Already had the truck in Iowa by the time we got the request for more info and pics from PennDOT.  Temporary registration expires April 30th.  

Have to sort out paperwork, repair fenders and lighting, get through factory required "on site" training/calibration this coming week, repair flywheel/rear main seal... before the truck will hit the road. Can't use the truck for deliveries with how big the puddles are it's leaving.  Can't tear the truck apart til the factory rep comes to run us through training/calibration.  

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

It's home, have to sort out some paperwork with PennDOT. We added a lift axle and tried to up the GVWR.  Already had the truck in Iowa by the time we got the request for more info and pics from PennDOT.

Don't you have to take it to a PA enhanced inspection station to raise the GVW if it has previously been titled at a lower GVW and/or if you add axles? When I bought my triaxle out of Virginia it was registered at 80,000 GVW and the PA notary made me get form MV-1 (I think that was the number) filled out by an inspection mechanic that stated the truck's setup was sufficient for 73,280 GVW in Pennsylvania. 

On 4/13/2022 at 6:07 PM, JoeH said:

In the suburbs of Philly there's a barrel truck company in every town. Guys with trucks like ours run 1-2 trucks to cover the smaller stuff the barrels do a poor job handling.  Out in your neck of the country things are probably pretty well spaced out.  Barrel trucks would likely lose a load before they even got to their job.  

That’s the way it used to be here then builders figure out nobody really cares about a yard anymore as long as they have a nice big house to impress their friends with a little barbecue area so now they’re building houses on top of houses on  a 15 mile radius builders. buy 1 acre and put three houses on it you used to get a3 acre and up with a house not anymore that’s where are you guys come in with the smaller rigs perfect for squeezing in If you were here you would be very busy

• 2 weeks later...

Finally took time to read all the thread start to end. Really liked that volumemetric mixer principal. I'm familiar with concrete works and see that design can cover plenty of small specific needs. How far high can that bend elevator supply concrete? 

Nice job was done to the frame too. Speaking the rear seal I'd take a watch type gauge and check the crank shaft journal for excessive play. Also the flywheel housing may be missaligned (not concentric with the shaft) Having any of these two issues will turn installation of a new seal into waste of time.

Good luck on putting the truck into service.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Had the truck out on the road for a few days before the Temporary Registration expired. Runs & drives very nicely.  As rough of a ride as it was back from Iowa it's completely the opposite locally with weight on. Rides very nice.  

The flywheel housing is cracked six ways to Sunday. Waiting to hear from Mack if they can get me a new flywheel housing any time soon, otherwise I have to find a used one.  KIMG0790.thumb.JPG.3646f7caa2fe73295ea55990314561fd.JPG

Filling wheelbarrows at a job

KIMG0787.JPG

KIMG0788.JPG

KIMG0786.JPG

• Like 2