MR688S frame work

On 1/21/2022 at 4:58 PM, theakerstwo said:

I almost bought one of them a few years back because it was so cheap and it was a trash truck.I was thinking of putting a dump bed on it but i said no because of all the glass up front and a dump truck would not work out to good.

Out here thier usually trash or crane trucks… Bob

8 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Out here thier usually trash or crane trucks… Bob

Trash trucks and concrete pumps. Same here.  The CemenTech mixer on a conventional cab would be about 3 ft longer than the RD model in the background, which has a 228" wheelbase and steers like the Titanic.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I drive an Isuzu NPR with a 16" box as my service truck. I love the maneuverability. However, I would love to have an MR with an E-7 or Early E-tech as my service truck.. It would be 'overbuilt' and that would suit me just fine..   

KIMG0748.JPG

KIMG0747.JPG

Plus you would look real cool at all times… Bob

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2022 at 8:34 PM, JoeH said:

Trash trucks and concrete pumps. Same here.  The CemenTech mixer on a conventional cab would be about 3 ft longer than the RD model in the background, which has a 228" wheelbase and steers like the Titanic.

Is the RD the formerly green tri-axle dump that you had posted about previously @JoeH?  Looks sharp!

That's our 228" wheelbase Titanic, 1995.  It was white with green accents. We have a 1988 RD that was an H&K Locust Ridge truck, that was green. It's white now. The H&K truck has a 218" wheelbase and steers night and day better than the '95, but we have yet to complete the '88 project, so it's just sitting at the yard.

• Like 1

Was supposed to leave yesterday, but Illinois apparently doesn't sell trip permits, so we have to reroute an additional 500 miles to go around it, and we found a rear main seal leak so we have to pull the trans off today to replace seal.

This truck is a breeze to work on. First time we have had a transmission out and back in in one day. Old seal spun in the flywheel housing. We could move it by hand. New seal has Bearing Mount Loctite, and is recessed 1/4 inch per spec in our handy shop manual.

Thanks Mark! Only frustration is this thing was supposed to be in Iowa yesterday.  This snow storm coming in across the Midwest to new england later this week means the truck won't be in Iowa til Monday or Tuesday, barring any other roadblocks.

KIMG0621.JPG

KIMG0620.JPG

Edited by JoeH
  • Like 1

DOT # is at the bottom of the door; changed our # to "interstate" this morning. Since the truck has a PA only plate we have to buy permits for every state we want to drive through. Some states won't let you buy the permits if your DOT # isn't marked interstate. Some states don't care. Ohio cares, Illinois cares and since we have heard horrible things about Illinois roads the truck is going from Ohio to Kentucky to Missouri to Iowa.

• Like 1